Mooring around Waltham Abbey near road and water...

Gerkin6000

Featured Posts

Hi all,

Am wondering if anyone knows of any mooring spots around the Waltham Abbey area on the Lee that have road access please? Need to refit our electrics and find an accessible point where we'll be able to stay for a while on a winter mooring. Ideally need to be near a water point but can probably work around this.

Thanks!

Emma

If you're going upstream the bit just before Hazelmere marina has road access. But because it's near the marina it might not be possible to take a winter mooring there because of the rules that say you have to be 1km from any long term moorings or marinas. You'd have to check with CRT if they'd mind. There's a tap outside at the marina and cafe etc.

Beyond Hazelmere, there's nothing 'til you get to Cheshunt, where there is carparking in the carpark for Lee Valley Parks, no idea if you can leave a car in that carpark overnight or if it's safe to leave it there.

Plenty of mooring close to the water point if you can get in between the constant moorers who seem to have stayed on the winter mooring since the spring

which water point is this? and thanks :)

Funny enough, I need the same sort of thing to build my wheelhouse. I only need 3 or 4 days but have some prefabbed steel to lift from flat bed lorry.So if you find somewhere, can you please let me know? Thanks!

will do prob going to do a reccy next weekend