What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

Matt,

A company that manufacters our industrial pipework fabrications did it for me (Basingstoke Pressure Vessels) - as a favour after I knocked up some sketches. They probably won't want to do this too much as their scale is large fabrications.

I've got an alloy tank also being done - he is willing to do bespoke stuff and sounded helpfull on the phone and advertises on ebay a lot. His contact details I will PM to you.

Got the immersion working! I'm out of the water at the mo, so can't run the engine. Immersion kept tripping out the RCD, so out with the multimeter and determined a leak to earth. Guessed it was due to water around, so dried off the general area (impossible to inspect 'cos of position under back deck) & set up fan heater to dry things out. Result after an hour. And me a total numptie where electrics are concerned. A minor triumph.

Matt,

I've got an alloy tank also being done - he is willing to do bespoke stuff and sounded helpfull on the phone and advertises on ebay a lot. His contact details I will PM to you.

He just finished it (bespoke alloy header tank, circular section seen below on right).

IMAG2559_zps1a0b2f0b.jpg

Edited by mark99

Base for a padded seat to sit on a trad roof. Sits at rear on cabin roof between sliding hatch and grab rail where the width reduces as the sides of the narrowboat nips in.

Base below - (upside down).

IMAG2571_zps79e14ebf.jpg

Edited by mark99

Hammerite city.

Front

IMAG2573_zps678b1fd5.jpg

Rear

IMAG2572_zps77535059.jpg

Oh added the brass sightglass to the header tank. Broke glass - replaced with tough perspex tube - difficult to find/buy. Ebay saves the day <again>.

Edited by mark99

You will love this one.

I fitted a new motor to my Ecofan. The original one had shot bearings and the replacement I bought some time back was actually the wrong voltage. I had to get this one from America but still loads cheaper than buying an Ecofan repair kit.

We have "fixed" a " faulty" led bulb in the cabin today.

We were rather disappointed as the last ones which were dimmer had given us years of trouble free service where as one of the new brighter ones failed with a few weeks.

The place we bought them from sent us a replacement no quibbles. Got around to replacing it today only to find the old bulb had fallen out of the holder, oops!

Got to send an apology to the seller now and send the bulb back. :)

We have "fixed" a " faulty" led bulb in the cabin today.

We were rather disappointed as the last ones which were dimmer had given us years of trouble free service where as one of the new brighter ones failed with a few weeks.

The place we bought them from sent us a replacement no quibbles. Got around to replacing it today only to find the old bulb had fallen out of the holder, oops!

Got to send an apology to the seller now and send the bulb back. :)

Good girl, that will raise your Karma score.

Phil

Alloy header now in situ.

IMAG2576_zps82e0445f.jpg

Modified and put up a couple of brass Gardner signs - one in pidgeon box

IMAG2580_zpsf87faeb3.jpg

T'other on bulkhead wall

IMAG2582_zpsea7a1c65.jpg

And now paint has dried - the trad step box now in situ with new decoration to lift up the appearance of back cabin.

IMAG2596_zps3d344b3e.jpg

And yes it's a Lancaster.

Edited by mark99

The temperature gauge on my Gardner 3LW is a modern electrical one (Faria) and is really the wrong range as the normal operating temperature is close to the bottom of the scale. Casting around for something better I found a pair of these and have been making an adapter to fit the first one. smile.png

g58d.jpg

Chris

Base for a padded seat to sit on a trad roof. Sits at rear on cabin roof between sliding hatch and grab rail where the width reduces as the sides of the narrowboat nips in.

Base below - (upside down).

IMAG2571_zps79e14ebf.jpg

I've now padded it out.

IMAG2598_zps41a49d86.jpg

IMAG2597_zps5399c538.jpg