What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

21 minutes ago, Hudds Lad said:

Good lady wife wants paint but i hate the look of white ones.

Panelled and lined in colours to match the boat seems appropriate. 

And a few roses and castles too, obviously....

On 19/02/2022 at 10:59, luggsy said:

Jus added another 12v duel socket with USB, bought a 2 gang blanking plate drilled out to fit the 12v & USB, it was a 240 before hardest thing was getting a 12v supply to it , I think it looks ok 

IMG_1176.JPG

They look good, but will run the batteries down all the time....................

1 minute ago, Tracy D'arth said:

They look good, but will run the batteries down all the time....................

And does the USB actually work, given it is expecting to be supplied with 230Vac not 12Vdc?

4 minutes ago, MtB said:

And does the USB actually work, given it is expecting to be supplied with 230Vac not 12Vdc?

I bought 12V USB sockets for Belfast. And with a switch so they don't run the batteries down or have that annoying blue light on all night (except when the phone is plugged in for overnight charging).

4 hours ago, David Mack said:

I bought 12V USB sockets for Belfast. And with a switch so they don't run the batteries down or have that annoying blue light on all night (except when the phone is plugged in for overnight charging).

The USB socket in the photo I was commenting on, is incorporated into a double 3 pin 13A mains socket plate. Are you saying you found 13A sockets specifically for 12Ddc?!

1 hour ago, MtB said:

The USB socket in the photo I was commenting on, is incorporated into a double 3 pin 13A mains socket plate. Are you saying you found 13A sockets specifically for 12Ddc?!

What he is stating is that he use a socket box blanking plate, in which he cut out the new holes for the usb fittings.

blanking plate.jpg

My boat is ashore. I have been working on it today in glorious weather , mostly cleaning around and below the water line to remove limescale, fitting new anodes and some painting.

Boats always seem to require fettling - which I quite enjoy really.

I hope to have the boat  back in the water early April.

2 hours ago, nbfiresprite said:

What he is stating is that he use a socket box blanking plate, in which he cut out the new holes for the usb fittings.

That's certainly my take on it. What I think he meant is that the space now occupied by that blanking plate fitted with a usb socket and a cigarette lighter socket was previously occupied by a twin 13A 230V socket.

Edited by David Mack
  • Greenie 1

2 hours ago, David Mack said:

That's certainly my take on it. What I think he meant is that the space now occupied by that blanking plate fitted with a usb socket and a cigarette lighter socket was previously occupied by a twin 13A 230V socket.

Correct people really need to read posts properly 

• Greenie 1

On 19/03/2022 at 12:51, MtB said:

Panelled and lined in colours to match the boat seems appropriate. 

Roses and Castles so last century!  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣  🤣

On 19/03/2022 at 12:51, MtB said:

Paneled and lined in colours to match the boat seems appropriate. 

FFS they are fender hooks. Paint black, white, or varnish or the same colour as the boat and be done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
8 hours ago, Hudds Lad said:

Hard to tell due to the white balancing of cameras, but have you gone cool white throughout or warm white?

All lights are supposedly warm white, however the Bedazzled  lamps in the centre fittings seem to be cooler than the stripS but that could be the diffuser.

Strips have two lengths of This  in them plus a low dropout 12v regulator just in case the voltage gets high, plus I managed to source new switches 

IMG_20220430_090422862.jpg

• Greenie 1

• 1 month later...

So possibly, one of the hottest days of the year, decade etc!

Brains of Britain eer chose, this day, to change the starter battery alternator.

Absolutely dripping, not a pretty sight, need to get my self indecent before the Lovely lady pitches up.

But, on a positive side, see what I did,, etc,, its done, all working, happy days, no really!!!

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Faulty  VDO engine hour counter display (in tachometer) replaced 

image.png.01197ed2231fa7e2653962b0d622769e.png

image.png.6874e6fa53f013613a23db80fc7dd6fe.png

A fiddly job

All done - the old removed lcd shown

image.png.eb00dac9bd548150d7cfa7ca6dce5133.png

This is for Volvo Penta but I am sure  other engine builders use VDO gauges .

• 3 months later...
2 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

I see someone is making these with a 3D printer complete with the boat name on them.

Sadly i can only afford ply and paint :( unless you have a 3D printer you want to give away?

J did see those and dropped a subtle hint about putting the boat name on, i pretended i didn't hear her :D