What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

Spent 12hrs today recarpeting the boat all the way through today full job including underlay ;)

Surprised how mucky it was between the carpet and underlay but then it could be 27 years worth of muck.

Henry earned his keep.

I hate laying carpet, not something that comes naturally to me, give me a complicated electrical problem anytime.

Yesterday I fitted a logger to the epever solar controller so I can see whats been happening whilst I am not here.

On 06/04/2021 at 10:31, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Yesterday, not today. A new coolie hat.

Coolie... Isn't that an outdated colonial term which is considered offensive these days? Not necessarily my view but look it up...

Edited by blackrose

6 minutes ago, blackrose said:

Coolie... Isn't that an outdated colonial term which is considered offensive these days? Not necessarily my view but look it up...

Very much so. See subsequent discussion in the thread. It is now a Collie hat.

• Love 1

6 minutes ago, Jen-in-Wellies said:

Very much so. See subsequent discussion in the thread. It is now a Collie hat.

I'm now offended on behalf of any dog lover who might think someone has made a hat out of a Collie, especially one like Lassie. Also on behalf of anyone who enjoyed "One man and his dog" but, lest anyone should think me a snowflake, I'm a bit less offended on behalf of former Blue Peter watchers.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Loddon said:

Spent 12hrs today recarpeting the boat all the way through today full job including underlay ;)

Surprised how mucky it was between the carpet and underlay but then it could be 27 years worth of muck.

Henry earned his keep.

I hate laying carpet, not something that comes naturally to me, give me a complicated electrical problem anytime.

Yesterday I fitted a logger to the epever solar controller so I can see whats been happening whilst I am not here.

We took the galley Flowtex carpet tiles home last trip I think this trip it will have to be the corridor ones that but onto them

9 minutes ago, Sea Dog said:

I'm now offended on behalf of any dog lover who might think someone has made a hat out of a Collie, especially one like Lassie. Also on behalf of anyone who enjoyed "One man and his dog" but, lest anyone should think me a snowflake, I'm a bit less offended on behalf of former Blue Peter watchers.

I guess so... 

I remember when I was living in SE Asia in the 80s and there was a brand of toothpaste called Darkie with an image of a black guy in a top hat. It couldn't have been more offensive. In the 90s they changed the name to Darlie.

image.png.da5508406957dacdc0834a36b0c80574.png

Edited by blackrose

12 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

We took the galley Flowtex carpet tiles home last trip I think this trip it will have to be the corridor ones that but onto them

What did you do with them at home, did you wash them  or was it just to give them a holiday? ;)

10 hours ago, Alan de Enfield said:

If you look back a couple of pages you'll see the collie hat had a number of posts :

Rain hat | Rain hat, Border collie, Dog quotes

That's clearly an Australian Collie, so possibly a different breed to that used in the chimney business.

Fitted new jabsco water pump to replace the slightly leaking original one that has lasted 15 years and so owes me nothing. Very pleased that i can now leave the water switch on without the pump kicking in every 10 minutes?

• Greenie 1

Replaced shaver socket in bathroom, which due to awkward access via a cupboard required removing said cupboard door as well :D 

Renewed some switch labels and put new licence printouts in the window. Think thats a beer earned ;) 

1 hour ago, J R ALSOP said:

Explained to the wife how all the electrics, Victron/Sterling work in engine room, she is now creating a Excell spread sheet with lots of boxes and wiring diagrams.

I await the results with interest ;)

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

The new Victron battery charger is fitted and working - just needs some extra protection for the cables. 

Quite pleased with it . There is phone app that allows the required mode to be selected and the voltage / am output can be seen. Not really essential but a nice feature.

image.png.a075b37f3e25b4b7d2d97b19e9331254.png

On 11/05/2021 at 20:12, blackrose said:

I guess so... 

I remember when I was living in SE Asia in the 80s and there was a brand of toothpaste called Darkie with an image of a black guy in a top hat. It couldn't have been more offensive. In the 90s they changed the name to Darlie.

image.png.da5508406957dacdc0834a36b0c80574.png

What about if the mans name was actually Mr Darkie?

15 hours ago, Lord Maffi of Oxford said:

What about if the mans name was actually Mr Darkie?

Some people just don’t understand racism do they ??‍♂️Let me guess he’ll say it was a joke which proves my point perfectly!

• 1 month later...

Monday, restored the kitchen units & sink to their proper position after displacement to replace some cabling.  This involved a delicate bit of re-sealing the sink waste.

Tuesday, dropped a 6mm drill bit straight down the sink waste. No, it won't fit around the bends and drop out.

[note: I will of course be applying for a new BSC and an updated RCD because I have altered the sealing of the sink waste.]

• Haha 2