What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

Today  an  electrical fault (12 volt) that suddenly appeared  a few  weeks ago magically repaired itself. Quite pleased as the fault is suspected  voltage drop due to a bad electrical connection . I had expected to  dismantle   the boat to find it. The fault may of course return.

I had recently cleaned the breather on my water tank which has cured issues that I thought might be signs of  water pump failure but turned out to be vacuum building in the tank as water was being drawn via the pump.

1 hour ago, MartynG said:

Today  an  electrical fault (12 volt) that suddenly appeared  a few  weeks ago magically repaired itself. Quite pleased as the fault is suspected  voltage drop due to a bad electrical connection . I had expected to  dismantle   the boat to find it. The fault may of course will definitely return.

Fixed that for you ;)

43 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Spruced up a pair of old life rings to finish of the recent re-paint of HATFIELD.  Looks straight forward but it's stretched my patience, first off, during the painting one of them fell down and got covered in sawdust, while the paint was still wet.  Then it was a struggle to get the lettering on, trying to apply a sticker to a curved surface doesn't work, had to end up cutting into individual letters and making a curved template but worked in the end.  Finally, ordered some new 8mm man made hemp rope and they sent 10mm, so had all the holes to drill, at least nowt much more could have gone wrong.

All worth it though, pleased with the results.....

IMG_0850.JPG

Looks very good.

1 minute ago, Rob-M said:

Looks very good.

Ta! Reading it again, might look like I was having a moan, wasn't really, just seemed like everything was going wrong on one little job.  When the wet paint one fell, it did of course land "jam side down" ? 

48 minutes ago, NB Esk said:

Ta! Reading it again, might look like I was having a moan, wasn't really, just seemed like everything was going wrong on one little job.  When the wet paint one fell, it did of course land "jam side down" ? 

The gremlins really come to have a laugh when anyone paints their boat. So many things can go wrong!

20 hours ago, matty40s said:

You've got shiny grout too??

You could varnish it just to make it wipe clean.

He he. I used a "grout pen" in our old kitchen and it really made a diff. Lasted a decent time too.

Edited by mark99
  • Happy 1

Bought some new leisure batteries today.

The ones that are on now started to show signs of not being as good as we would like the last couple of weekends so we have decided to replace them well before they start to let us down.

We have gone for the Bison BXC31MF again as we have been happy with how they have performed. They have gone up a fair chunk since we last bought them though the last lot were £150 for the pair this time they are £190 for the pair.

On 31/08/2020 at 17:43, mark99 said:

The gremlins really come to have a laugh when anyone paints their boat. So many things can go wrong!

He he. I used a "grout pen" in our old kitchen and it really made a diff. Lasted a decent time too.

If you need to refresh grout brilliant white emulsion applied with an artists brush is cheaper than a grout pen.

Ordered some new taps for the shower room this morning which should come on Monday. 

Looks like we have a little list of stuff to do next weekend when we are next at the boat.

DIY at home today fitting some led under cupboard downlights and plinth lights in the kitchen. House came prewired for them but they were not installed ?

1 minute ago, TheBiscuits said:

4 pint plastic milk bottles are de rigueur on the L&L, usually in clumps of three or four as one isn't heavy enough.

Ahhhhh - proper units and so easy to work with, non of this foreign stuff.

Easy to remember "a pint of water weighs a pound and a quarter"

57 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

Shouldn't that be on the boat in case it rains later

The hatch is covered in plywood with a paving slab on it in secure area. Did same for side hatches. Makes it easier than painting outside.