What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

You would never go out on the east coast if you waited for it to get below a F3!

I have seen lots of totally becalmed days out there with the sea looking like glass in the 20 years I spent living out there, I have also seen 30 mph fog that has lasted for days. Funny old weather in the north sea

2 hours ago, ditchcrawler said:

I have seen lots of totally becalmed days out there with the sea looking like glass in the 20 years I spent living out there, I have also seen 30 mph fog that has lasted for days. Funny old weather in the north sea

Indeed. We have had it like glass out there. Ten minutes later it whipped up and was pretty lumpy.

7 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Indeed. We have had it like glass out there. Ten minutes later it whipped up and was pretty lumpy.

O yes it can change in the blink of an eye, I have come in on a hot sunny summers day for a cup of tea and before I have gone out again the visibility have been down to less that 100 yards with the temperature drop to match. Never trust the weather out there, always be prepared.

15 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

O yes it can change in the blink of an eye, I have come in on a hot sunny summers day for a cup of tea and before I have gone out again the visibility have been down to less that 100 yards with the temperature drop to match. Never trust the weather out there, always be prepared.

We have set off from Wells in bright sunshine, had fog come down 15 minutes later and stay with us until a few miles off Boston when the sun came out again.

We overtook a big 40ft flybridge boat and didn't even see it. He had clocked us on the radar!

10 hours ago, Naughty Cal said:

You wouldn't be going out then.

Probably would have given it a go today . Wavelength  34metres  which is okay not too lumpy . 0.5m waves which is tolerable. Not getting better over the next couple of days.

The East coast experts say don't go if the wind has east in it. 

Edited by MartynG

9 minutes ago, MartynG said:

Probably would have given it a go today . Wavelength  34metres  which is okay not too lumpy . 0.5m waves which is tolerable. Not getting better over the next couple of days.

Pressure is rising nicely at the moment but its a bloody cold easterly at the moment

18 hours ago, MartynG said:

And if you do go prepare for it to be lumpy and cold.

Repairs to HATFIELD'S handrails which were mangled in a flood about a month ago, when a large boat moored alongside sank and tried to take the handrails with it.  Great deal of pushing and pulling but everything in the pics was straightened and re used, with the exception of the forward most upright, which was too badly damaged.

Just ready for a coat of paint to finish.  For scale the top rail is scaffolding pole, tough stuff....

IMG_0385.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0435.JPG

IMG_0436.JPG

• Greenie 2

Changed 2lw primary fuel filter and through a brainfade failed to catch the diesel which went in my pristine engine bay bilge which I cleaned in the winter and repainted. Spent ages getting it out with detergent and rags making it all clean and smell nice.

Then 2 hours later the drive belt snapped on the panda 3 cylinda diesel genny without me noticing.... the overheat and steam sent cooling fluid with antifreeze spraying all in  the engine room.... into clean bilge again.

Just finished cleaning it out. Its funny NOT!

Pretty rubbish day. ;)

Edited by mark99
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Changed 2lw primary fuel filter and through a brainfade failed to catch the diesel which went in my pristine engine bay bilge which I cleaned in the winter and repainted. Spent ages getting it out with detergent and rags making it all clean and smell nice.

Then 2 hours later the drive belt snapped on the panda 3 cylinda diesel genny without me noticing.... the overheat and steam sent cooling fluid with antifreeze spraying all in  the engine room.... into clean bilge again.

Just finished cleaning it out. Its funny NOT!

Pretty rubbish day. ;)

I dont have that sort of worry, my engine hole is a mess

44 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Changed 2lw primary fuel filter and through a brainfade failed to catch the diesel which went in my pristine engine bay bilge which I cleaned in the winter and 

Apart from the pristine engine bay bit, I did that twice today on separate engines.

First time just bloody forgot the tray and rags to catch the diesel, so I was stuck like a Muppet with a bowl full of fuel, oh well I won't do that a second time i thought, which is exactly what I did the second time

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, LadyG said:

Have you been diagnosed?

;

;

;

;

OCD.............................

I think you will find Mark has CDO.

He would find OCD irritating as the letters aren't neatly arranged in alphabetical order. ?

13 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Wish me luck, I'm about to paint the gas locker, if I'm not back I'm shit faced from fumes trapped in the locker 

Good luck, it's a pig of a job.

I do find it easier if you remove the gas canisters first though.?

44 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

Wish me luck, I'm about to paint the gas locker, if I'm not back I'm shit faced from fumes trapped in the locker 

Impersonanting Alec Guiness..... Bridge over the River Kwai?