What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

20 minutes ago, mark99 said:

I have had a thought to paint the bilge. I'm hoping it will pass.

I have 2 gas lockers to do next summer, I thought about it doing it this summer but the thinking took so long it will have to be next year.

It could of course take a whole summer of actual planning next year as well

• Happy 1

5 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I have 2 gas lockers to do next summer, I thought about it doing it this summer but the thinking took so long it will have to be next year.

It could of course take a whole summer of actual planning next year as well

We have just started planning what jobs we need to do on NC when she comes out of the water just after Christmas.

The list keeps getting longer and longer :rolleyes:

Not fettled anything for a while but we did put the engine bay heaters in on Sunday.

Drained and flushed skin cooling tank. Never been done before. I've just added more antifreeze in the past. 

Stuck a vac in and got out next to no sludge or rust, well pleased.

Spent all afternoon refilling with 24 litres of red long life concentrated antifreeze and 80 litres of water, its a BIG tank.  Had a bit of a tussle getting all the air locks out of the tank and the calorifier coil, but all done.

Feel much better about leaving it over winter now if the beast from the East is to return.

May do the central heating system tomorrow, but perhaps not as it will mean putting the fire out and its chilly.

Sam.

1 minute ago, rusty69 said:

Dats wot someone said about mine the other day. Turns out it was the correct size for the engine /gearbox/hull. 

As is Mac’s I’m sure. But doesn’t it look tiny. 

23 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Tis undoubtedly a fine contraption and beautifully mounted.  Why the need to get all the water out though? I leave my FW tank around 25% full when I leave her in winter, which is both under water hence unlikely to freeze and gives plenty of room for expansion should icing occur. This means the boat is much closer to ready to go when needed.  

Nice pump. I use something similar (plumbed in) to a) pump out the calorifier and the rest of the domestic plumbing (takes about five minutes), or b) (after moving a few valves) pumping out the cabin bilge. Works a treat. The photo shows mode B.

bilgepump.jpg.fba3d64c4ecedb872ddad72916a0e6d6.jpg

5 minutes ago, Naughty Cal said:

Put the fleecy blanket back on the bed.

Toasty warm right now.

Amazing what difference one blanket can make.

Hey. That doesn't count. Nor does repositioned favourite  chair or plumped comfy cushions! 

• Haha 1

After being inspired by Steve McQueen film, who went into his ships bildge yesterday I decided to get off the butt and do mine. With engine in situ.

Clean out loose off white paint, scrape off to bare metal where possible and degrease.

image.png.7710f28d5eebed1d168950466e6e0447.png

20181028_112307.jpg

New Bilge Paint - Long Handled Mini Roller and Long Brush to get under engine.

When false floor put back most of it (90%) will not be seen.

20181028_121635.jpg

20181028_121657.jpg

image.png.7cddd6aba9af52742107319389a45b7f.png

Next up - finish air filter housing (only done lid) titivate paint up some odds and ends like starter motor and undercoat/topcoat floor with raddle red.

Edited by mark99