What have you fettled for the boat today?

Featured Posts

• 2 weeks later...

Removed the water pump and water rail from the engine to take home and paint.

Removed alternator and hand-start gear from the front of the engine to get access to the screwed brass core plugs in the bottom of the diesel filter cavity which have been leaking. Re-fitted the plugs with Dowty washers - leaks fixed. Removed drain plug for filter which was corroded and mangled but not leaking. Replaced it with one from the spare engine in better condition. Refilled diesel system - drain plug now leaks! Drained down again and re-sealed with more Wellseal.

Decided not to remove the water-cooled exhaust manifold. The connection to the exhaust looks difficult, and with the water rail and pump gone, I can paint in in situ. (But not today, I left the paint at home.)

Once the painting is done, I need to re-assemble everything, fill with new antifreeze and change the oil. Then I need to pump out the witches-brew of leaked oil, diesel and antifreeze in the engine drip-tray.

MP.

Been fiddling with and polishing my latest "toy" for the boat:

kgxa.jpg

I WANT ONE!!!

MtB

I finally drilled a hole in the second fuel tank int REGINALD to see what it contained. Just a precaution I felt I should take, see, before turning the outlet tap on and using the fuel one might assume it contains.

Pleased I did as it is 100% full of WATER.

WTF?!

MtB

I finally drilled a hole in the second fuel tank int REGINALD to see what it contained. Just a precaution I felt I should take, see, before turning the outlet tap on and using the fuel one might assume it contains.

Pleased I did as it is 100% full of WATER.

WTF?!

MtB

Cheap ballast?

:) well nowt on my boat, but me and Pykebird after a hearty full english brekkie.. decided to sort out the problem of condensation on the back hatch cover and houdini hatches on her boat. After numerous cups of tea we managed between us to measure and cut the insulation to fit. So whats so impressive about that you may ponder!!!

ahem !! well couldtn find a tape so moi improvised with one of the Wolf's leads and the stanley knife ( pink of course ) to cut the ruddy stuff was.. lets say not up to the job, so moi spied a perfect sharp kitchen knife ( bear in mind moi Hates knives ..shudders ughhh!!!), and we proceeded to attack the job ..hammers and tongs. and what a nifty bit of work we did. Note!! 3/4 way through the job ..with pykey saying TREE!! you have cut the insulation too short .. and with me glaring back at her and mouthing 'shut yer gob' it will be fine stop stressing me out .. she found the TAPE measurer and the insulation was fitted 99% perfectly, thankfully its only a temporary fitting :)

Then we sat supping more tea and pondering the water in her engine bay.. so.aqua vac it all out then slung a couple of nappies in. As a Mamma of 4 saplings ..erm.. lol moi had to tell pykey to put them in the right way LOL. So a very nice chill out time with a bit of 'fixy boaty stuff' in between :) hence the reason why moi needed a large container of icecream to build up my strength... well thats my excuse for stuffing my face with icecream and popcorn over the w/e and ime sticking to it detective.gif

After the busy week end arguing with tree(only joking) I 'acquired' some foam from a neighbour, which I cut to size and have made a lovely soft bed, which was supposed to be for the dogs, but has now been commandeered by one small cat!

The rest has made covers for the Houdini's when it gets really cold, as that seems to be the one place I do lose heat from.

Love it when things go to plan and are freeclapping.gif

A friend has very kindly made me a full set of new curtains for the Dog House and a local lady is making me a complete set of matching covers for the porthole bungs which I will shortly be recovering. It will lighten the interior a lot I hope and give it a bit more of an up to date look.. Going to the boat in the morning to fit the curtains. My friend has done a fantastic job and the quality of the stitching (all by hand) is just fantastic.

Jan xxxxxxxxx icecream.gif