Freaky Friday Announced!!!

MuddyWater

Featured Posts

Thanks, I'm after engine silencing foam. Noted in calendar!

Just for information - the engine bay insulation foam sold at Midland Chandlers is certainly not top of the range of what you can buy.

Not claiming it is inadequate, and it depends what you want to spend, but (for example) the stuff sold by TW Marine is, (or at least used to be!) a lot denser with a much more substantial thickness to the sound deadening layer.

Price versus performance though - the more heavy duty stuff would doubtless still cost rather more.

I have just been on facebook and noticed that Midland Chandlers has posted there FREAKY FRIDAY date which is the 4th of October biggrin.png

Just thought id pass the message on so everyone can get there hands on cheaper parts smile.png

https://www.facebook.com/MidlandChandlers

It's not on their web site yet, just a big Question mark.

I was hoping to combine a visit to MC with a few days work on Helvetia, but It is about the worst day it could be for me. My car is in the garage for a (long overdue) service on Wednesday, and I have an all day meeting in London on the Saturday. I guess i could get some work done in what will amount to not more than a day.

Edited to ask:- Does anyone know if you can order and pay on line on the Friday, collect later, and still get the discount? I might give them a ring.

Edited by David Schweizer

Edited to ask:- Does anyone know if you can order and pay on line on the Friday, collect later, and still get the discount? I might give them a ring.

It certainly says you can do online orders......

(Don't know if you'll be able to see this....)

527022_358670660917527_1411165444_n.jpg

Very good Alan - that is the date of the April 2013 Freaky Friday. The October one still isn't on here:-

http://www.midlandchandlers.co.uk/Site/Home

Sorry,

I just lifted the image from the OP's link.

Here is the correct one, (I hope!)......

551292_437541783030414_402174725_n.png

Edited by alan_fincher

Yes, I had already seen that, but it still isn't on the website,which is the point was making. Not everyone uses Facebook - well not if they are over 25.

Edited to add:- It is now showing on their website. But they must have employed the same graphic designer as CaRT !!

Edited by David Schweizer

Yes, I had already seen that, but it still isn't on the website,which is the point was making.

It may have been a point you were making, but you also seemed to want to know if you could exploit the discount without having to physically go to a store.

That's what I was trying to answer, albeit that I relied on a duff link the first time I tried.

It may have been a point you were making, but you also seemed to want to know if you could exploit the discount without having to physically go to a store.

That's what I was trying to answer, albeit that I relied on a duff link the first time I tried.

Yes of course it was Alan, and there was me thinking the supersized image was a suggestion that I was blind clapping.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Is 20% off at Midland Chandlers actually good value? I only buy from them if I need something immediately, or I want to see it in the flesh, and am prepared to travel the 50 mile round trip, and pay a premium for it. My perception is that 20% off brings them into line with prices you can get elsewhere.