Nice Bit Of Historic Wall Art For Sale

cheshire~rose

Featured Posts

I think anyone with a love of historic boats would find this a potentially lovely bit of old wood to hang on the wall.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231046398544?ssPageName=STRK%3AMESELX%3AIT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649&autorefresh=true

It has to be worth more than it's current bid of £2.19?

Clearly not - maybe the £25 postage scared some bidders off.

I don't think the postage would scare many of the people who know about these things off.

I think most people on this forum know that so long as they are not in any huge rush for the item it can be delivered to almost anywhere in the country via the CWDF Carrrying Company.

There have been a huge amount of things that have moved between boaters as they travel around the country to get to their final destination. Many of them by boat (or at least partly by boat)

Re the Cratch - Older generations of boaters never called it that - it was always the "fore end" - eg "we had to take the fore end down to get up the Griff arm" - false cratch, deckboard -yes.

Ahh now. I'm absolutely sure you are right. And what did they say down in London, or up on the Rochdale, or over in Chester?

I'm very wary of these 'Oh this is the Proper Name for something' threads, I think your piece of information confirms by scepticism

Richard

clapping.gif

Well spotted!

I see it is already up to £7.50 this time too!

• 2 weeks later...

It looks as though this item is on a bungee cord!

I wonder how many times they can sell it?

Does anyone else fancy having a bid on it and helping Hazel in the process?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collectable-Narrow-boat-deckboard-cratch-Help-Historic-Hazel-/231070950204?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35cce6e33c

I won.

It looks as though this item is on a bungee cord!

I wonder how many times they can sell it?

Does anyone else fancy having a bid on it and helping Hazel in the process?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collectable-Narrow-boat-deckboard-cratch-Help-Historic-Hazel-/231070950204?pt=UK_Collectables_Nautical&hash=item35cce6e33c

Good luck with the next purchaser.

• 3 weeks later...

My attempt to help the restoration of Hazel were somewhat thwarted. I put a bid on, no one else bid, so I won the deck board for 99p. I paid for the item and postage, with a message for the seller to keep the deckboard and relist it, the donated postage money helping towards the restoration fund. However. for whatever reason, the two messages were missed and today the deck board arrived. wacko.png

Now feeling slightly guilty. With hindsight I guess I should have mentioned my intention before the auction ended. blush.png

Now looking for bright ideas to get some money into the restoration fund.

Oh dear!

Sorry but I do have to giggle a little. I guess you are looking for a nice bit of wall to hang it on now?

I would not worry too much about it. The deck board has done it's bit for the fund over the last few weeks.

I have just had an idea they might want to use for fundraising - I will share it with Chris.