BSS certificate price

Salopgal

Featured Posts

Very much depends on who does it since they set their own price. if you said £150 you'd be in the right ball park for the inspection. Then there's the cost of fixing any problems found and that's an "it depends" type of question.

Thanks so much. I'm really struggling to estimate in my head what my "income needs" are, in relation to the boat and life in general. I've gone blank - but I'm estimating the following - what do you think?

Approx £268 for mooring fees
£858.97 per year boat licence for a 52 foot boat

£500+ every two years blacking hull (not sure whether this is in any way accurate)

£150 every 4 years for Boat Safety certificate

annual maintenance £? (deisel for heating and running, wood for fire, gas bottles to cook, electricity metered)

Brain's gone after that.... :(

Just paid £160 for a 60 f/t wide beam

I don't think the size of the boat comes into the cost of a BSS certificate, just the installations that need to be tested. So if there's no LPG installation it will be cheaper for example.

Is it every 4 years? I'm not sure of anything right now...!

Yes.

Thanks so much. I'm really struggling to estimate in my head what my "income needs" are, in relation to the boat and life in general. I've gone blank - but I'm estimating the following - what do you think?

Approx £268 for mooring fees

£858.97 per year boat licence for a 52 foot boat

£500+ every two years blacking hull (not sure whether this is in any way accurate)

£150 every 4 years for Boat Safety certificate

annual maintenance £? (deisel for heating and running, wood for fire, gas bottles to cook, electricity metered)

Brain's gone after that.... sad.png

£268 for mooring fees?

Edited by blackrose

Yes, that's what I meant! Sorry! I've got concussion. I knocked myself almost out on the boat last night stepping into the engine room and I've not been right in the head since. I slept for 12 hours after it happened, which is unheard of. I know I ought to get checked out but I'll see how I go for a few days. I'm not right in the head most of the time, but this has taken the biscuit...

Wish I didn't have a divorce to go through as well... :(