Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Banter - 28th Dec

Featured Posts

One which has your forum name and real name on it would be good.

Last banter I went to we all just pitched up and said hiya 'I'm <insert forum name>" and shook hands - have they all gone a bit formal?

Hotel Booked, I'm there.

Fantastic :clapping: It'll be great to catch up

That looks like 27 or there abouts. Will ring The Swan to let them know tomorrow.

Boat movements could be difficult as the Soar will be rising after the rain.

There has been a suggestion that we wear badges to identify ourselves as some members will not have been to a banter before.

Hey Richard :) I'm not sure whether it's been mentioned in the thread but have they agreed an extension past 11pm this year? Last year's do felt like we were turfed out on the street while the party was still in full swing.

One which has your forum name and real name on it would be good.

Tee hee

Ange

Ange

Further update

RichardT no Mrs T family will be around

Ally and Marc

Ange and Dave

Dyad

Cheshire-Rose and Dave

AlanJi

Pykebird

Tree

Nigel Carton

Matty and Kathy? Not certain on Matty

Alan and Cath

Mr and Mrs Trackman.

tree monkey + Blue string pudding

Bazza

Lemontoes

Mike 31

Starcoaster

RWLP + Mrs Tawny Owl

Higgs

Trento

That looks like 27 or there abouts. Will ring The Swan to let them know tomorrow.

Boat movements could be difficult as the Soar will be rising after the rain.

There has been a suggestion that we wear badges to identify ourselves as some members will not have been to a banter before.

ohmy.png re: change of plans as moi now not working ,so as long as river is okie doke !!! moi will be arriving with pykey on her boat :)

Not 100% sure we'll make it after all :(

. :( moi was so looking forward to catching up and having a chin wag my woverly, fingers and toes crossed that we still can, trees crunching huggles xx :)

The river Soar is now in flood (nothing new) ,lights are on red at Barrow and its still rising ,it came up at least a 30cm (that's a foot in old money) overnight

The river Soar is now in flood (nothing new) ,lights are on red at Barrow and its still rising ,it came up at least a 30cm (that's a foot in old money) overnight

Must be time for a bit of night boating with Matty

Richard

Sorry not asked them if they'll open late. Life has been pretty hectic for me over the last few weeks so a few things have slipped.

Is there anywhere else local suitable that we could go to after? Last year there were a lot of us who were only just getting going at 11pm, but we all ended up dissipating back to hotel rooms for the lack of ideas on where else to go.

Is there anywhere else local suitable that we could go to after? Last year there were a lot of us who were only just getting going at 11pm, but we all ended up dissipating back to hotel rooms for the lack of ideas on where else to go.

Nice one Starry - I was just thinking of asking the same thing

Last banter I went to we all just pitched up and said hiya 'I'm <insert forum name>" and shook hands - have they all gone a bit formal?

Some of us don't find remembering names easy....and by time have worked out forum name...and boat name....I certainly appreciate a badge and don't think it makes it formal at all.

Of course some of us also appreciate names that are big enough for us to see. So I guess I'm just showing my age!

Some of us don't find remembering names easy....and by time have worked out forum name...and boat name....I certainly appreciate a badge and don't think it makes it formal at all.

Of course some of us also appreciate names that are big enough for us to see. So I guess I'm just showing my age!

Just wander up to people and say "Chateau Neuf"...

I'm sure that should produce a few responses of "that's very kind of you - yes, please - I don;t mind if I do"!

Just wander up to people and say "Chateau Neuf"...

!

....and some of "oh god yes,I did too. ..awful isn't it, I do wish they would clean up after their dogs..."

We are not totally sure we will make it now, but are still considering options. (We are both exhausted, and I'm not particularly well, if I'm honest!).

We are currently booked into Loughborough for two nights, (27th & 28th), but if we do make it might reduce to just the 27th, if our booking permits this.

To give us a better idea, who plans to still be staying on 28th, and has anyone got anything planned beyond the banter itself, please? A trip on the Great Central Railway the next day has established itself as an add on to this event for some of us, but has anyone got any other suggestions?

We are not totally sure we will make it now, but are still considering options. (We are both exhausted, and I'm not particularly well, if I'm honest!).

We are currently booked into Loughborough for two nights, (27th & 28th), but if we do make it might reduce to just the 27th, if our booking permits this.

To give us a better idea, who plans to still be staying on 28th, and has anyone got anything planned beyond the banter itself, please? A trip on the Great Central Railway the next day has established itself as an add on to this event for some of us, but has anyone got any other suggestions?

Saturday 28th December Swan in the Rushes

Hi Alan, I think you might be making a big mistake to reduce it to 27th only. As above I think the main banter is Saturday 28th, at least I hope it is because that's when we are coming tongue.png

Sue

Looks like numbers are dwindling and boats are going to struggle.

I am booked into hotel for 27,28 & 29 but may wait until Sat to drive up, depending on weather tomorrow. May also drive back Sun if I don't drink too much Sat (unlikely)

Hi Alan, I think you might be making a big mistake to reduce it to 27th only. As above I think the main banter is Saturday 28th, at least I hope it is because that's when we are coming tongue.png

Sue

Ah! I did say total exhaustion has largely taken me over, but I hadn't realised to what extent!

We will have a bit of a review then, but it immediately prompts the question "who will actually be around on the evening of Friday 27th!". I'm sure there was initially some rationale in adding that date to our intended stay!

Hope you can make it, Finchers! I'd go for the 28th if you are just going for one night.

Personally I won't be wearing a badge, I like to have the option of who I am identified to! Out of the list going, I am fairly sure I know almost everyone anyway.

Hmm - looks like we followed the lead of one or two who said they had booked into te Travelodge from Friday 27th.

But there have been a number of "I've changed my arrangements" or "I'm not now going posts", and I'm wondering if we will be Billy No Mates if we are there on Friday night.

So is anyone going to be there by then, or not, I wonder?

:) moi is currently enconsed on pikeys boat supping gallons of tea and filling my face with Xmas bubble and sqeak ( glaring at the lickle leopard grr..who is trying to nick some of it ). Due to the Minxy river looks like us reprebrates will be coming to the banteroo, by Fred flintstone car vroom..vroom.. We intend to pop down and reccie the charity shops Friday, and then pop down again for the banteroo Saturday night bash. See you all soon a doodles :)