Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Banter - 28th Dec

Featured Posts

drove through at 12.56 today....straight line still involves kerbs, if you swerve and kilter a bit you may be lucky enough to roll down the disabled road access and back up the other side.

Rivers permitting you could of course come by boat and then have to have an extended stay when the Soar floods

Be prepared to spend 6 weeks stuck there, Oh, and get a patrol notice :-)

Matty has already booked his lockbiggrin.png

huh.png

Ah, he was escaping rather than barfing out of the hatch, was he?

Ps, where are people planning to hole up for accom for Luff this year? I've just booked the Travelodge and it says there is now only two rooms left.

Just booked mine and now there are 3 rooms lefthuh.png

You were very quiet climbing out, then she caught you out when it came to closing up happy.png

Richard

Yes,

In my defence, it was raining, and I was juggling my sleeping bag, pillow and hangover, and the hatch won!

We booked into the Travelodge a few weeks back

Now I need to organise a photo coompetition to get rid of ill gotten gains make use of a magnificent trophy!

Hotel booked smile.png

I booked a family room for 3 adults cos it didn't cost any more than a double room. You never know, I may persuade our son to join us.

ETA I booked for Friday and Saturday night

Edited by Ange

Hotel booked smile.png

I booked a family room for 3 adults cos it didn't cost any more than a double room. You never know, I may persuade our son to join us.

ETA I booked for Friday and Saturday night

Excellent.

You mean you are going to drive on Sunday! I booked Sunday night as well.

huh.png

I've just booked Cath and myself into the Travelodge.

I didn't notice anything saying how many rooms are left though, (probably I just wasn't observant enough!....)

Excellent.

You mean you are going to drive on Sunday! I booked Sunday night as well.

keeping our options open for Sunday night - it depends whether I've got a job by then and where it is. We can always book an extra night when we're there :)

We won't be staying on Sunday - Dave has to go back to w**k on the Monday - technically he does have to but if he does it gives him a full week he can take off in march so we can go boating :)

We won't be staying on Sunday - Dave has to go back to w**k on the Monday - technically he does have to but if he does it gives him a full week he can take off in march so we can go boating smile.png

The mind boggles at why you have put two stars - surely not to disguise a rude wordlaugh.png

I've just booked Cath and myself into the Travelodge.

I didn't notice anything saying how many rooms are left though, (probably I just wasn't observant enough!....)

Try a new booking requesting 9 rooms (the max you can ask for). Just went to try but website down.

huh.png

Mine's booked too now, how do you know how many rooms are left, is it on their website or did you ring them?

Mine's booked too now, how do you know how many rooms are left, is it on their website or did you ring them?

The travelodge site normally has a warning along the lines of 'only a few rooms left' or something similar when you select a particular date . If it's not showing that that there should be plenty of rooms left. They have not long updated their web site though and I'm surmising that feature is still there.

Edited by The Dog House

It will allow me to search for 9 rooms and they are all still at £23 each so there are still plenty left (although the price may start to go up as they sell more or the date comes closer)

It will allow me to search for 9 rooms and they are all still at £23 each so there are still plenty left (although the price may start to go up as they sell more or the date comes closer)

Travelodge and Premier Inn have a sneaky trick of upping their prices if there is a major event on in a town or city too, we often find we pay more than 'normal' if we stay in Manchester or Birmingham to see a concert for example.

Once they cotton on that a major event is taking place just over the road at the Swan watch them prices climb!!

Not sure a banter could be classed as a 'major event' even in Loughborough??

My tongue was very firmly planted in my cheek.....cheers.gif

why is there no 'tongue in cheek' smiley???? I've wanted one so often!

:Þ perhaps? or is that too much like tongue.png

Edited by Dyad

I'm signing in to say that I'm not going to make the banter. Work is very uncertain at the moment - I'm working on supply at a school in Rugby - but they're uncertain whether they'll need me in the New Year. I think it may be prudent to draw my horns until I know what's going on. I will, of course, hear all the gossip from the Tawnies as they are attending as my emissaries.