Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Richard T

Loughborough Christmas Banter - 28th Dec

Featured Posts

Its about the time of year when the Loughborough Banter is planned usually by Ally but she's busy at the moment organizing The Beacon Boat bash. Maybe she'll do the research in a few days time by visiting The Swan -in-the- Rushes and seeing if a room is free on Friday 27th or Saturday 28th December.

The good news for Alan F and others is that the hotel with bed bugs has now closed!!

The stoppages this year do not help at all, for some reason Atherstone is being done preChristmas which leaves NO eastern access to/from birmingham (GU, Minworth, kegworth, foxton plus others on the leicester descent).

However, I am sure that attendance will be made by the Sileby contingent!!

Richard, might you be willing to organise this year? Happy to help out, but I have a lot on my mind at the moment. We'd be up for coming though. No auction to sort this year! ;)

Me 'n' Dave will be there - probably staying at the Travelodge.

Would it be worth making a group booking? It's just occurred to me so I haven't looked into it, but would we get a discount if we booked as a group?

Do you think the pub would agree to an extension? It was a bit of a disappointment being turfed out at 11pm last time when a few of us still had an hour or two left in us.

We can certainly ask them for one! Perhaps now they know what to expect, they might. Or we could try a different venue, though the swan is very handy for the canal & Travelodge.

Is true, plus the Swan ticks a lot of boxes - good food, good beer, and a good sized back room for us to gather.

Do you think the pub would agree to an extension? It was a bit of a disappointment being turfed out at 11pm last time when a few of us still had an hour or two left in us.

I managed to get an extension. Thanks Ally.

Me 'n' Dave will be there - probably staying at the Travelodge.

Would it be worth making a group booking? It's just occurred to me so I haven't looked into it, but would we get a discount if we booked as a group?

Its about the time of year when the Loughborough Banter is planned usually by Ally but she's busy at the moment organizing The Beacon Boat bash. Maybe she'll do the research in a few days time by visiting The Swan -in-the- Rushes and seeing if a room is free on Friday 27th or Saturday 28th December.

The good news for Alan F and others is that the hotel with bed bugs has now closed!!

I'll be there and will stay at the Travelodge again, last year was great. hic cheers.gif

Dave and I would be up for this. I think any money that can be saved on the Travelodge woule be fantastic. I think we would need to get some firm numbers fairly fast to make the most of the prices.

How firm are the dates? We are trying to sort out our Christmas chug plans at the moment.

As Ally said, I don't think people's bank balances can handle another auction this year (as much fun as it was) but if people do have things they had put on one side to donate I am still very happy to accept donations (I will be at the Bucky Banter and in Birmingham during The Floating Market weekend as well if people want to hand stuff over) I will be selling items on eBay and will probably set up the virtual bric-a-brac here on the forum again table too.

I have contued to bring a stead drip of income to The Chesterfield Canal Trust throughout the summer with the bits and pieces that you all so kindly donated last year.

Can we please have a preference for the date - is it to be the Friday or Saturday night? I'll then go into The Swan and try and book the upstairs or the back room.

I would suggest Saturday for the simple reason that not everyone is fortunate enough to be off work between Christmas and New Year - it actually makes no difference to us personally though whichever date it is

I would suggest Saturday for the simple reason that not everyone is fortunate enough to be off work between Christmas and New Year - it actually makes no difference to us personally though whichever date it is

Seconded. I'm hoping to be working over winter but obviously have no idea at this stage whether I'll be expected to work between Christmas and New Year.

saturday suits me! If you are going for upstairs, might be worth seeing if we can have the bar open up there? The acoustics are better there, but it's a big room, so see how numbers go. Last year he made a 'banter chilli' for a cheaper price per head than other meals, which was noted on the thread, but I don't think anyone ordered it in the end. The extension would be good though!

Thanks for stepping in Richard, much appreciated this year, let me know if you need anything doing though!

OK folks its the Saturday night 28th December. All I need to do is go in and talk to the landlord at some time in the next week or so. In due course we will need to sort out some numbers. Hopefully the river will be OK so that we can bring Tyto Alba along and save us the walk home.

It was chilly but no chilli offered. I was delighted with what I had - the game pie (or whatever it was called).

yes, they should have put the chilli on the board as a banter special. I put it on the thread, but I think too much beer was consumed for it to be just remembered!!

Um, will I be able to escape? Travel lodge would suit me, have to see what the journey is like and what plans Boris has.

It's worth the trip...we/I won't be there again but did it year before last and it's good craic....

Richard still owes me a pint though....

Depending on kiddies, we might be able to make this one. I which case we could offer transportation to mad cats and the like.