12volt hairdryer

David Schweizer

Featured Posts

Oh,sorry,

I thought it could be an alternative,solution.for you.

Happy hunting.

But We don't need to hunt for an alternative solution, we have bought a low wattage 230v hair dryer which works! doh!!! But thanks for the thought.

Edited by David Schweizer

But We don't need to hunt for an alternative solution, we have bought a low wattage 230v hair dryer which works! doh!!! But thanks for the thought.

Mr S, I think I see your problem. Look at the date of the post I was replying to.

If I wait until I have read right to the end of the entire thread before replying to something, I will have forgotten what I had to say. So, in order not to waste any pearls, I shoot off a response while the idea is still in my mind. Sometimes, as in this case, the matter has been resolved. But that's just the way it goes. I am glad Mrs S now has properly coiffed hair.

& I don't know what happened with my late posting. either there was a time warp at play,or I am just incredibly slow at typing,,all very weird,,probably the later Ofcourse,,still glad to see its sorted through all the confusion.

Just a thought,,350watt inverter,& 300watt dryer !,seams a bit tight on the sustained inverter output,but ime sure your right.

Edited by Paul's Nulife4-2

I know ime taking a huge risk here,as ime sure the very pro active,& well established P,O,A ( provocateurs of arguments ) will no doubt jump in as soon as they find yet another post to destroy. But i just thought I would say what we,well my better half has used successfully for yrs, & a possible solution to this enquiry regarding hair drying, for the OP or any other members that might want to try.

1,8ft of suitable heat resistant flexible hose.

2, The handle off of a electric or battery drill,(the one that is included in the case,& is designed to go around the coller of the drill for 2 handed use,that we never use) fixed to one end of flexible pipe,approx 5inch from the open end.

3, Shove the other end onto an outlet vent of whatever hot air heating system you have fitted.Obviously you need the right dia pipe for a snug fit.

Both heat & fan strength can be altered via main control pannal.& hay presto,a hair dryer ish.don't knock it till you try it.its great for the dog , & drying out damp cupboards & alike to,but don't tell the wife.

Obviously,the above is useless,if you havnt got blown hot air heating of some sort.but someone might find this post useful before it decends into any sort of negative dissection of what's been said.

Anyway,hope you find something.

Very ingenious!

Richard

• 2 weeks later...