extra gallery space for a membership fee?

Featured Posts

A popular scale model website where I used to spend a lot of time, had a membership system where you would get extra gallery space, according to your level of membership. Would that be an option here? The gallery has potential, but is very restrictive at the moment.

I will hold my hands up to having somewhat put off looking into improving or even looking at the gallery in favour of various other areas, and simply, as I have been fairly busy, and because while the front end user interface of the gallery isn't up to that of the rest of the site, the back end interface is even worse!

Due to photos by nature containing a lot more data than an equivalent amount of text, the gallery does with even light traffic use up what in many ways is a disproportionate amount of disk space and data bandwidth, and there are a lot of other options for creating an online gallery or hosting images, including if nothing else, hosting them on Imageshack, and posting them into a thread on the forum.

That said, as the site grows, it is increasingly the case that the main factor in the requirement of the host package is the cpu time and allocated memory, with additional currently unused disk space and bandwidth currently being available to us.

In short. I will look into what the options for improving the gallery functionality is, yes.

Daniel

IMHO the forum needs no such feature.

Free web picture hosting is readily available, just link to them or display them here.

It's really not hard for anybody that thinks it is.

Tell that to Tesco.

Banking?

Insurance?

Clothing?

Electricals?

I am sure they felt the need to expand as has been said there is no need to expand the gallery. Also Tesco diversification would bring in more money expanding the gallery might but is it needed.

Dhutch has very successfully kept this site totally free over the years. The thought of introducing membership levels, and then no doubt fees, appalls.

If a user wants to store photos, I suggest on their own equipment, unless they are daft enough to commit them to 'The Cloud'

From what I have seen of the quality of a lot of photographs on the net, in terms of composition, quality, and proper titling and cropping, I would guess more than 95% or more should be committed to the bin.

Dhutch has very successfully kept this site totally free over the years. The thought of introducing membership levels, and then no doubt fees, appalls.

If a user wants to store photos, I suggest on their own equipment, unless they are daft enough to commit them to 'The Cloud'

From what I have seen of the quality of a lot of photographs on the net, in terms of composition, quality, and proper titling and cropping, I would guess more than 95% or more should be committed to the bin.

If your avatar is indicative of the list of your boat, you need to sort out the trim...

Or improve the titling (sic)

:D