Opinions on Venetian brokers, Nantwich

FloTiller

Featured Posts

Are you saying that Venetian sorted out the dry dock and provided the surveyor, (rather than you appointing one), then they gave you £500 that they didn't need to?

There was a boat booked in for the dry dock and a surveyor to do the job for another customer who was on holiday so the survey could be put off until the next week and I could have their slot if I contacted the surveyor and he agreed to carry out the survey.(my surveyor could not make it on the day) It was a good thing for them as they would get my money quicker and it helped me as I would not buy the boat until I knew the hull was ok. I had to pay for the dry dock and surveyor although he did knock off £50 as he thought it was a good cause for the art gallery. They did indeed give me £500 they did not need to. We were also lucky enough to have the previous owners son come to look at an exhibition on the boat so he then took us through all the electrics and switches etc which was a great help.

• 2 weeks later...

Venetian Marina: We got the keys and walked around seeing 4 boats and choose 2 for having more information. Staff came out and showed everything, started engines etc. We got all informations we needed (BSC, license details etc). Couldn't check the cooker and pumps because of lack of gas and water. But that was fixed soon.

The mechanic was very helpful and enthusiastic as well.

We have seen around ten boats in 5 different places all over the country and found all of them untidy. Pre-owners didn't care so didn't brokers. We knocked off some 15% of the asked prize.

But we had the same when we were looking for houses: overprised holes in a terrible condition and smiling brokers who offered you the deal of your life - and in places like Rye or Lewes - apperantly posh spots....

in summery: Venetian was as good as any of the places we have seen with friendly helpful staff.

berth