Boat caught fire on the Ouse

Dave_P

Featured Posts

More pictures here, which appear to show the fire starting at or near the steering position. It has been said elsewhere that the boat may be old enough for the control panel to be unfused. Reports are of the engine stopping immediately before the fire becime visible. Notice the way the heat has also damaged the RIB.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398331/River-Ouse-boat-boat-bursts-flames-sinks-seconds-elderly-couple-escaped.html

I'm just glad nobody got hurt. Boats can be replaced....

Bye!

John.

More pictures here, which appear to show the fire starting at or near the steering position. It has been said elsewhere that the boat may be old enough for the control panel to be unfused. Reports are of the engine stopping immediately before the fire becime visible. Notice the way the heat has also damaged the RIB.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2398331/River-Ouse-boat-boat-bursts-flames-sinks-seconds-elderly-couple-escaped.html

I'm just glad nobody got hurt. Boats can be replaced....

Bye!

John.

That.....looks bloody frightening!

The comments on that daily mail article simply beggar belief......gas explosion....galley fire.....really!!?? And they refer to the RNLI...even in the caption to the rescue rib which clearly says Humber Rescue!!

Cheers

Gareth

Humber Rescue - one of Britain's busiest independent lifeboats
p7ssm_loading.gif
pic1_fs.jpg

"The River Humber is said to be one of the most dangerous navigable rivers in the world. It is not surprising that even the most experienced of navigators can be caught out by its shifting sands and seven knot currents.

Humber Rescue is an independent charity responsible for the provision of a fast-response rescue boat on the rivers of the Humber Estuary. The area covered by Humber Rescue is approximately 540 square miles and includes the Rivers, Trent, Ouse, Hull and Humber.

Prior to the service provided by Humber Rescue there was no dedicated rescue or safety vessel on the upper Humber".

Quote from their website.

It must be very galling for this independant (and independantly funded) organisation to be "mistaken" for the RNLI. I hope the rescued couple make a donation to the correct body.

I recently spent a sunday morning on a training session with the Severn Area Rescue Association and was impressed with their dedication, versatility and levels of skill.This year is their 40th anniversary and they reckon that independant rescue bodies might actually outweigh the RNLI. Whether true or not, I was amazed to discover just how extensive the 'independant' rescue movement is.

Humber Rescue have had another busy day.

They went to the aid of a vessel aground at Brought this morning which was successfully refloated and I have just had another message to say they have been dispatched to aid another vessel aground at Whitton.

Some big tides this weekend. They are obviously catching a few out!