Visitor Mooring Survey

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

WOW 750 plus completed Surveys we are so grateful to everyone who has completed the form. It is now becoming a meaningful survey

THANK YOU

Thanks for organising the survey, John. Looking forward to seeing the results!

Could you explain why CRT didn't embark on a similar excercise before putting all their eggs into the SEVM debacle?...No, I thought not!

They did put one out at the time, but they sort of.................ignored the results. Then tried to convince us the negative results were actually positive. Confused? So were we.

Yes sorry about that I think CRT can take some of the blame as it was copied and pasted from their site. Unfortunately or maybe fortunately we can not change this, the software does not allow us to make any changes once the Survey has started this is to stop us trying to manipulate the questions if we do not like the answers. Please pass on our apologies but there is a box at the bottom (I think) that says other so if they could use that we will pick it up.

Best to suggest this on the entry page, rather than leave people to puzzle it out.

Contgrats on the level of response!

MtB

(Assuming you can edit the entry page text, that is)

They did put one out at the time, but they sort of.................ignored the results. Then tried to convince us the negative results were actually positive. Confused? So were we.

Is that based on 2 negatives make a positive?

I think why people are responding to our Survey (oh over 800 now) is because hopefully they see it for what it is an unbiased Survey with no hidden agenda. I expect that CRT might well dismiss it as meaningless and might even suggest it has only been answered by "activists" but the fact that over 800 have taken their time to respond including now over 10% Hire Boaters (Maybe activist Hire Boaters) show that people care and is a good reflection. The responses and comments have not all been what I expected and in certain parts not maybe what I had hoped, this is why we went to great trouble that it was unbiased. The fact that Lucy is an expert at Surveys and works for a National Charity ensured that it was unbiased.

I think why people are responding to our Survey (oh over 800 now) is because hopefully they see it for what it is an unbiased Survey with no hidden agenda. I expect that CRT might well dismiss it as meaningless and might even suggest it has only been answered by "activists".

I hope CRT would not dismiss it as such, in fact I would be extremely dissapointed if they did.

I hope CRT would not dismiss it as such, in fact I would be extremely dissapointed if they did.

Modus operandi: If its bad news or does not fit into the plan then ignore it!

The difference between two negatives can be expressed as a positive. Ohms Law.

After last time I am sure they will be very careful to ensure not disappointing you (:-

but at least they will have this and the NBW survey to compare together with the SEVM consultation to give them some food for thought.

Modus operandi: If its bad news or does not fit into the plan then ignore it!

The difference between two negatives can be expressed as a positive. Ohms Law.

Ohms?? Does he/she work at CRT

After last time I am sure they will be very careful to ensure not disappointing you (:-

hehe I am sure I am in for a lot of disappointments while trying to ensure that boaters are given a voice that is meaningful.

Edited by cotswoldsman

CRT recieved 357 replies to their survey on south east visitor moorings, after targeting 4000 boat owners. They also thanked many of us for promoting the survey at the time.

Seems this boaters survey will receive treble the return. A well thought out and produced survey seems to make the difference.

John, Just had a notification on my twitter feed that Canal Boat magazine have publicised the survey, recommending people complete the survey! Moving on!!

Thanks for that seems to be ending up in many places. People are going to get fed up with me thanking them but all of us are just amazed at the support this survey is getting

Thanks for that seems to be ending up in many places. People are going to get fed up with me thanking them but all of us are just amazed at the support this survey is getting

That's credibility for you. It's also if you don't mind me saying a vote of confidence in your efforts.

That's credibility for you. It's also if you don't mind me saying a vote of confidence in your efforts.

I am just a very very small cog in this process just happen to be more vocal and going by the emails and messages I am getting I will soon be an even smaller cog, for me and the others it is simply about trying to ensure Boaters are heard on their terms.

The numbers are brilliant.

It would be really interesting to see how people fare with visitor moorings over the weekend. If you know anyone who hasn't completed the survey, and is out boating this weekend, why not encourage them to take part?

We have got a large number of hirers who have already taken part, but it would be great to see more, so keep spreading the word :)