Visitor Mooring Survey

cotswoldsman

Featured Posts

The work goes on!!!

Thanks to the help from Dekazer we have been able to put together what we consider a completely unbiased Survey on Visitor Moorings.

Why are we doing this? Well it is the only way to get peoples honest feedback on Visitor Moorings. Yes it does touch on the £25 charge but it is more about ensuring The Trust have a better understanding of how boaters view Visitor Mooring so that hopefully we end up one day with what the majority who take the time to answer would like.

this Survey is done in the spirit of working with the Trust to ensure ALL boaters are heard.

As in any Survey done via the internet it will only reflect the opinions of a minority. The survey will work on most modern phones so people are welcome to share the survey with others. This survey is not exclusive to CWDF and is not a poll, it is what it says on the Tin a SURVEY

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/VisitorMoorings

We would welcome any feedback either via this Forum or direct by email

Thank you for taking the time to complete the Survey the information I hope will be valuable.

John, Steve and Lucy

Not intended as a criticism, but it's a good idea to say on the intro page to a survey how many questions are involved.

I've just started it and I have no idea if there are three questions that will take one minute, or 70 questions and I need to set aside an hour.

MtB

John,

The Shropshire Union appears to be missing from the 'where did you go' list.

N

Ok sorry about that I am not clever enough to change will have to wait for Lucy to do that very sorry about that

Not intended as a criticism, but it's a good idea to say on the intro page to a survey how many questions are involved.

I've just started it and I have no idea if there are three questions that will take one minute, or 70 questions and I need to set aside an hour.

MtB

Good point and that part I can change put I guess it depends on how many comments you want to leave and how long I will put an aptox of about 10 minutes thanks for that mtB

MtB

Have done that now but I should point out that the survey does take different amounts of time depending on what type of boater you are, in other words the questions are slightly different if you are a Share Ownership/Hire Boater

John I've finished it now, it took me 15 mins exactly including draughting a couple of comments.

MtB

Thanks very much appreciated did you find it an unbiased survey?

... and there's two Llangollens ... (which probably explains the absence of the main line)

Oh bloody hell!! well there are 4 L's in llangollen :)

Hmmm strange. I get to the question where I'm asked to rate the importance of mooring attributes and then when I click next it takes me back to the beginning of the survey. Must be a glitch with Survey Monkey. Will try again later.

ETA: I tried to answer that question twice but it bounced me back to the beginning both times.

Edited by Jambo

Morning all,

Sorry, didn't realise we were going live this morning so hadn't double checked the skip logics - I've just given it another check and it should all be sound. (I can do that without affecting those already answered).

I've double checked that the survey shouldn't skip back to the beginning on completion, it shouldn't be doing that, so I'll try saving the setting again. If it continues to happen someone please let me know smile.png

I copied the list of canals from a couple of sources (to try to be comprehensive) - apologies for the double Llan - we can merge the answers when the survey closes, so just pick one of them smile.png Apologies also for missing the Shropshire Union - the list includes the Middlewich branch - I can't amend the lists without deleting questions so I'm sorry for the omission. I confess until I started compiling that list I hadn't realised quite how many canals there are!

I hope you all find the survey easy to complete and unbiased. I am, frankly, staggered by the response so far - every researcher's dream.

I will be tweeting about the survey, please do retweet me if you're on Twitter. I'll also share on Facebook, to try and access more people.

Would anyone fancy sharing it on other canal based forums of which you might be members?

Thanks,

Lucy

Keeps returning me to the start page, so I gave up!

At what stage did it return you? I've checked the settings - do let me know..

ETA: I've chosen the setting 'after completion, close window' but this might not work if using a tabbed browser. I can change it to redirect to another webpage, but didn't want to seem biased by choosing CFW wink.png

Edited by Dekazer

Lucy maybe best to return to Survey Monkey home page. I would like everyone to know how much work Lucy put into this and thank her very much. Even worse for her she had to pit up with me. Thank you Lucy I am so grateful you gave up your valuable time to help.

Seconded!

I have completed it too. I was struggling with it returning to the start when I hit NEXT. I think it must have been when it was being 'edited' as the options appeared in a different order every time I got to the 'mooring preferences' question. However - all is now well - I got passed there and completed the rest without issue.

Does that worry you to such an extent, you felt the urge to state that? ;-)

Oh dear are we all so serious and earnest today?

Although if you want to be more serious about it given that we were told that CRT do not wish to communicate with you guys and how sad and awful it was with 25 plus pages of teeth grinding and support it is not unreasonable to ask if it is all better now or something if has happened to change the outlook. It may seem to some the previous communication had an element of tantrum or "crying wolf" to it otherwise.

I've just completed it (via the Facebook link because that's where I saw it first). It all worked smoothly, was completely straightfoward, asked questions I found easy to answer. So no problems here and thank you to all those who put the work in to create it. smile.png

Jo

Very interesting set of questions, and I am impressed with the lack of 'planted' answers within the overall set. I will be more than interested in seeing the end results and the reaction of the Trust when you present them.

Lucy maybe best to return to Survey Monkey home page. I would like everyone to know how much work Lucy put into this and thank her very much. Even worse for her she had to pit up with me. Thank you Lucy I am so grateful you gave up your valuable time to help.

Seconded!

Done.

And thanks you guys blush.png