WOW, or Dr Würzels Orange Wine.

Caprifool

Featured Posts

I have a gallon of grape juice wine on the go, can't remember which website it was from, and sorry about the mixed units:

2 litres white grape juice

1.5 lb white sugar dissolved in a pint of water

1 teaspoon citric acid

1 teaspoon yeast nutrient

general purpose yeast

Original gravity was 1085 and it had fermented down to 0.992 in 8 days.

Its ready for racking now as its clearing. I had a sneaky taste and it seems like it will be as palatable as some of the supermarket wines we buy.

I do intend to experiment with alternate juices.

Best ever was blackberry wine, from the fruit, rather than juice. More effort, but worth it in my opinion - and the blackberrys over here should be ready soon!

Graham

laugh.png That tutorial has a life of its own now, over 30k hits so far and has introduced many people to home wine making.

My favoutrite is white grape with a mix of orange and pineapple, or I use red grape and cranberry to make a pleasant vino pinko.

laugh.png That tutorial has a life of its own now, over 30k hits so far and has introduced many people to home wine making.

My favoutrite is white grape with a mix of orange and pineapple, or I use red grape and cranberry to make a pleasant vino pinko.

Many, many moons ago the memsahib and I joined a wine-making club here in deepest West Kent. Being novices, we went to some classes run by the chairman based around making a white grape juice, orange and pineapple juice. we went on holiday over the Christmas / New Year expecting the brew to not be much cop but deep joy! It had finished fermenting and dropped out completely clear and we won the next month Wine of the Evening competition.

Havn't looked back and we make about 2 gallons a month depending on what dried fruit is available at LIDL. Apricot & sultana is good stuff and can be made at around 15 - 16% if you put enough sugar with it and "feed" it as the fermentation slows down.

cheers.gif

Well, all I can say is. It's all gone *hic* Batch two is plopping away up by the warm air above our fridge. I noticed my demijohn wasn't a gallon. And I didn't like the suggestion of just adding 100grm's more sugar and topping up with water. So I added a nother carton of apple concentrate and topped up to the 5 litre mark instead. So this will be a grape/orange/apple version WOW.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 years later...