19 degrees C on my boat and I'm feeling cold!

blackrose

Featured Posts

That's the trouble with the recent hot weather. The temperature only needs to drop by a few degrees and it starts to feel a bit cold!

Someone moored near me actually had her stove on when I came home from work this evening! That's a bit ridiculous in August. I just put a thick fleece top on.

That's the trouble with the recent hot weather. The temperature only needs to drop by a few degrees and it starts to feel a bit cold!

Someone moored near me actually had her stove on when I came home from work this evening! That's a bit ridiculous in August. I just put a thick fleece top on.

Know exactly what you mean - very nearly switched the (home) central heating switch to 'on' yesterday, then I remembered that I needed to balance out the excessive use of the spring/early summer other wise the robbing barstewards that are my energy company will have my eyes out at review time.

We said exactly the same when we got home last night and nearly put the heating on.

The thermostat in the hallway, the coldest part of the house, was reading 20 degrees but it still felt distinctly chilly. Bit chillier this morning as well as it was reading 17 degrees!!

Know exactly what you mean - very nearly switched the (home) central heating switch to 'on' yesterday, then I remembered that I needed to balance out the excessive use of the spring/early summer other wise the robbing barstewards that are my energy company will have my eyes out at review time.

Our energy supplier wants to come and check our meters again. They dont believe how little gas and electric we use. They dont seem to grasp we are never there!!

Temperature does seem to be a variable constant :o

I do a lot of work on rigidly controlled heating/cooling systems in offices and the like. The best of these can maintain a set temperature within a degree or so throughout the year. Despite this, in the winter there will be regular complaints about how cold it is and people wearing their coats. In the summer, at exactly the same temperature, there will be complaints about how hot it is !