Nice 22" back cabin range available new.

Laurence Hogg

Featured Posts

Whilst looking for a range for "Tucana" came across this. Its a US made stove.

Shipping will be expensive but would suit most cabins, 4" flue pipe.

• Traditional wood or coal boat cook stove with oven.
  • Intended for boats between 30' and 65'
  • Solid cast iron construction with adjustable Stainless steel oven rack.
  • Stainless steel sea rail standard.
  • Four sided oven heating.
  • Two 8" cast iron stove plates.
  • Airwash Glass window in firebox door.
  • Stainless steel tie down rings for added security.

Approx. heat output of 24,000 to 36,000 BTU's depending
on fuel type & air intake/damper settings.

Width: 22"
Depth: 15 1/2"
Height: 20 5/8"
Weight: 135 lbs.

4" Flue pipe required

Optional bronze trim package
Optional custom porcelain colors available

gallery_5000_522_28165.jpg

Prices start at $2730.00 plus shipping

Page link: http://www.shipmatestove.com/Details.cfm?ProdID=32&category=6

Are you saying that the Epping from Brenmarl is no longer available and the imitation Midland Chandlers range is also out of production ?

Not sure why you think this??

Pete (Brenmarl) is still building "Eppings" as I spoke with him tonight. Not sure what MC are doing, they purchased the "Premier" years ago off Pete and myself when we traded out of Aston (Boatmans Cabin Co Ltd) and were building it in the Isle of Man.

No other units being made in the UK to my knowledge now.

Not sure why you think this??

Pete (Brenmarl) is still building "Eppings" as I spoke with him tonight. Not sure what MC are doing, they purchased the "Premier" years ago off Pete and myself when we traded out of Aston (Boatmans Cabin Co Ltd) and were building it in the Isle of Man.

No other units being made in the UK to my knowledge now.

The Windysmithy Louis Ranger is a similar size, but is intended as a woodburner. It is about 1/3 the price of the Shipmate!

range.jpg?itok=t9t2-eBY

Brennmarl are waiting for a delivery of some castings but are back up and running , I got the new top I had on order.

The shipmate looks great but the costs are too much. Is it not worth bringing in a bigger order? Or is it shipping that's the killer.

As nobody is selling the things it's not advertising, its a discussion on the lack of choice of back cabin stoves.

Had any luck selling your boat yet?

I ask on here where to get stuff.

Better change your sig,its advertising .

Somebody is selling 'the things', and Laurence copied the advert here, under the guise of 'information'.

But as it only seems to be Lady Muck lately, I suppose we can't expect the moderation team to really be on the ball.

A fuc*ing shame if you ask me

Greenie, that thought was buzzing about in my brain too.

Luctor if you think it's getting stale

Then post something interesting instead of moaning about other people's posts. A forum is only as good as its contributors, you seem to have joined the miseries.

Edited by madcat
  • Greenie 1

Somebody is selling 'the things', and Laurence copied the advert here, under the guise of 'information'.

But as it only seems to be Lady Muck lately, I suppose we can't expect the moderation team to really be on the ball.

A fuc*ing shame if you ask me

Are you round the twist or something? Came across that stove which is still in production in the US and may be of interest to fellow enthusiasts. I am not advertising or selling it. I actually made stoves so do have an interest in them.

With Falkirk now gone in South Africa it leaves Brenmarl and the US ones as the only ranges left in production suitable for back cabins.

This forum is about information and both these stoves (Epping and the "Shipmate") are now historical "left overs" but still being made. The Shipmate is also marketed as a "Halibut" btw.

Falkirk South Africa made the "Dover" ranges, last sold here as "The Stratford", the No2/3 are long gone and only recon ones can now be brought from here:

http://www.dassies.co.za/stoves.php#

Edited by Laurence Hogg
  • Greenie 1

Ok, maybe it because Laurence recently only seems to post 'copy and paste' announcements?

Oh, what ever.

It really is getting stale around here.

I do that on behalf of CRT in the main who ask me to advise on announcements, or maybe you would like to "not know" when something important is going on...??

Have to agree with Onionbargee about the Windysmithy stove, only one step up from an oil drum.

It's a shame about the cost of the Shipmate as it looks full on solid. A bit garish as American tastes are, but interesting to look at. Some of their restored and repro '30's and 40's household stoves are quite something, but a world away from boats. Bet the ovens miniscule, but with some brass in place of the fiddle rail would look the part at least.

If the forum is appearing 'stale' - as many do from time to time, there's no need for a shot of abuse. It doesn't 'liven' things up at all.

Edited by Derek R.

Why can't CRT make their own announcements or are you just making ypour self busy?

CRT if they made their own announcements would encourage the small bunch of idiots who post on here to start inane arguments which are more a personal "thing" than with any sense attached to the real point. CRT do look at the site and some do post under disguised names but if you gave this few a chance to throw shite at a known name by god it would be forthcoming.

Nice looking stoves,wish we had more choice here. Time for Lawrence to get back into production me thinks

Not for me now "Madcat"! Poor Pete is struggling with obtaining castings, the old foundry skills needed to do short production runs are very hard to find, ie workers who can use loose patterns rather than fixed sides. Having built the "Premier" and knowing what is involved its far too involved to sart from scratch. BCC lost a shed load of money on the "Premier" and subsequently MC didnt find it an easy job, but it was a nice looking stove!

gallery_5000_522_199697.jpg