Help!

Dave_P

Featured Posts

Hello lovely forum folk, I thought this might be worth an ask...

I was supposed to be heading from Birmingham to Lichfield last weekend for some repairs and was thwarted by the stoppage at Minworth. So I've GOT to get there this weekend or I miss my slot on the slipway. Now here's the problem....

Last night I fell in the cut (for the first time ever) and took a nasty bash on the way down, leaving me hobbling around. I know I've got three days to recover so fingers crossed I'll be ok-ish by saturday. Even so, the thought of single-handing down Farmer's Bridge and Aston flights whilst limping around the locks fills me with dread, so I thought I'd see if anyone would like to join me and help out on a few locks. I can promise alcoholic beverages, a bit of lunch and some sparkling conversation to any plucky guy or gal who might be up for it. Forum newbies who want to learn the ropes are also most welcome (provided your legs work reasonably well).

Got to be worth a try, hasn't it?

Dave

Thanks for the 'virtual' offers of help and kind words. I can walk and reckon I''d be fine with level cruising but single-handing locks would likely be a strain. Thanks Richard, for the vote of confidence in Arbutus, high praise indeed. Is this knowledge gained during a BCN challenge perhaps?

Thanks for the 'virtual' offers of help and kind words. I can walk and reckon I''d be fine with level cruising but single-handing locks would likely be a strain. Thanks Richard, for the vote of confidence in Arbutus, high praise indeed. Is this knowledge gained during a BCN challenge perhaps?

Epic trip to Stourbridge

Richard