Blisworth Festival

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

It was a fantastic event. There was so much to see and do and as Water Rat says the pity is that if you are trading then you do not get to see very much of it.

It was incredibly well organised thanks to Jan & Alan and their team of volunteers. They bent over backwards to ensure that all exhibitors and traders were happy with their allocated area. That is not an easy thing to achieve while still complying with the raft of H&S risk assessments that are necessary for these events nowadays. Booking in was easy and communication was fist class. Having spoken to other traders it would appear they had the same experience as me, we were welcomed and treated with respect. The stance was that it was us that was bringing the colour and attraction to the event and without us and others like us there would be nothing to draw the public.

This is a polar opposite of the way some traders are handled by certain other events. Maybe that might have a bearing on what Jenlyn is reporting on in the post above. Traders decide which events they choose to do and which events are finacially viable for them to attend based on many factors. Organisers who take the stance that they have the best event on the circuit and so they can pick and choose who they wish to be there and are downright rude to the rest are likely to be setting themselves up for a fall

Bother ..... I wish I'd gone to Blisworth in stead of Cropredy. The only good part was the the concentrated boating to get there, Fairport's Convention was not my cup of tea at all, neither was the so-called "fringe" .... Blisworth next year for sure.

Bother ..... I wish I'd gone to Blisworth in stead of Cropredy. The only good part was the the concentrated boating to get there, Fairport's Convention was not my cup of tea at all, neither was the so-called "fringe" .... Blisworth next year for sure.

In that case you need to think about booking VERY soon!

In that case you need to think about booking VERY soon!

Really?

As I passed on the day before it started Nick Scarcliffe called across to me that if I wanted to attend he would squeeze me in.

So is an old boat that much of a special admission ticket? :lol:

Really?

As I passed on the day before it started Nick Scarcliffe called across to me that if I wanted to attend he would squeeze me in.

So is an old boat that much of a special admission ticket? laugh.png

there was not a lot of room up on the "VM"mooring past candle bridge unless you want to take that ballest out! Some traders had to get the plank out to open up at that end.Going on this years performance the staff did a fantastic job but it is a big juggling act for them so the sooner thay know the better!

• Greenie 1