Blisworth Festival

Water Rat.

Featured Posts

hmm... bear in mind moi can get lost in the Co-op carpark... I have sat nav directions of : NN7 3DS.. is this correct or will moi end up getting lost down county lanes ( again !! help.gif i looked up the festival details but only found sat nav of NN7 as ime NN8 shhouldnt be too far.

Looking forward to seeing you all there! Dave and I will be looking after Python at the weekend. We would love to say hello to any forum members who are around so please come and make yourself known to us

We're next to the Cheese and fudge boats ,i am going to get SUPER FAT this weekend!!!!!

hmm... bear in mind moi can get lost in the Co-op carpark... I have sat nav directions of : NN7 3DS.. is this correct or will moi end up getting lost down county lanes ( again !! help.gif i looked up the festival details but only found sat nav of NN7 as ime NN8 shhouldnt be too far.

Just put in Blisworth Northants city centre. There will be signs around the village. Come and say hi. I am near the bridge opposite the old mill.

A further update on directions to the car park I have just seen on FB:

Back to plan 'A' with the Festival Car Park now in Gayton Road, Blisworth. Post code is NN7 3BN Follow the free parking signs

I think they have reverted to plan A because the car park had a large lawnmower attend to it today:

1006025_365437316919151_15759815_n.jpg

Went today - thought it was a very pleasant festival - does it compare with the IWA festival at Watford - no (Blisworth was many times more enjoyable) - well done to Blisworth Canal Partnership and all who made it such an enjoyable time.

:) what a fabulous day moi has had at the festival today,

ok! erm enjoyed too much fudge, yummy food samples, icecream, cheesyburger, scouts cakes ... 5 of em icecream.gif so moi did indeed stuff her face lol.

The band was great and had my toes and feet itching to dance,beautiful boats and engines and the most sparkliest Gardiner engine moi has ever see..

I had to go and walk along the cut chatting adn admiring all the wonderous things on offer and ..... to erm ... walk off all the scrummy treats I had help.gif

I wanted to buy one of the gorgeous chickens .. but the woman she said NO! lol.... fell in love with Norman the most hansome cockrel I have seen in a while.

I bought a lovely Daisy Mug, tankies nice Potter :) adn a beautiful Poppy trinket box ( thank you most kindly for saving it for moi, I told you lol no-one else would be allowed to buy it ( it was only a lickle spell ..adn worth it ;), a sweet smelling and very decorative incense bamboo container adn lots of nice smellies.So many wonderous gift ideas on offer moi was spoilt adn only restraint stopped me buying a hand carved Owl ..absolutely gorgeous..moi still temped lol and a delightful Peruvian headband. So much on offer and what a beautiful setting, so many amazing things to look at and the village organisers should be very proud of all their hard work as well as the villagers who have opened their gardens :)

Plus the most bestest of all a mini happy forum banter : moi, cheshire Rose & Post code, Matty & Kathy, adn the most wonderful bestest face painter this side of the equator WaterRat and her happy photo- snapping other half :) moi must member to only give Chesh gentle treescrunching huggles adn hope your not too sore, sowwry xxxx

Also met Scrumpy Lurcher and his good lady , nice nattering to you both and to a fellow pagan ( forgot your name but you know who you are Blessed Be xx) and I hope you managed to get that lickle stubborn Bumble Bee out of your galley window , and your cards are thought inspiring 'thank you' xx

well what else can moi say.... hmm... let me think a while .... Well I enjoyed it so so much that moi is going again tomorrow along with Pykebird and the 'wolves' :)

must not stuff my face too much ... ohh!!! bother .. maybe only a lickle ;

• Greenie 1

:) phew!! what a fabulous w/e moi has had.. second visit with Pykebird and the 'wolves' to the festival and it was even better than yesterday. IMO you really need two days to get to see and enjoy everything that is on offer here. Today had a brief natter to WaterRat and Cheshire-Rose and then wandered orf down the towpath nattering to lots of Pykebirds boaty pals. We then ventured into the field over the bridge and moi was very good only had a scrummy hogroast and bumped into Postcode. Then got chatting to a lovely pair of scouser boaters who have their boat moored on the Weaver and they kindly gave us both a can of pop as moi wacko.png forgotten to gets drinks to go with our hogroast lol.. after they had left Pykebird said ' Only you could bump into total strangers , instantly make friends and end up been given a free drink'... Yorkshire lass you see was my reply ;) hahaha.

We then headed off into the village and arrived at the' Manor House' which was brimming with craft stalls, more homemade fudge ( OK!! what was I supposed to do ??? the nice lady kept offering me samples... so moi ended up with 2 lots of baileys i think it was with cream ... yummy and strawberry and cream :) We then set off pass the playground into another festive part and had a look at more stuff and eventually I found my idea of heaven... lots of animals goats, sheep and rare breed lickle cute Black pigs, Parrots and my fav a gorgeous Sulphur Crested Cockatoo ( I have dreamed of owning one of these since I was knee high to a grasshopper) and had a great time chatting to it adn stroking its head .. I was in 7th heaven :) nearly forgot the Morris Dancers :)

Then we had a cuppa and I spotted a Native American Stall... and bought quite a few things and spent ages chatting to Teena the owner a most amazing spiritual woman and she runs ...... Shamanic drumming classes not far from where I am 'rooted', so moi will definately be attending those classes.

We then returned through the village passing the vintage cars and traction engine which was gorgeous as well as the beautiful thatched houses... stunning

to meet up with Pykebirds friends at the music area and the folk music was very catching and at times thought provoking... did my toes start twitching and my feet want to dance ...oh! yes indeedy.

All in all a most excellent w/e .. lots to do and see, boats, crafts,history and bumping into old friends and making new ones, Blisworth Festival will certainly be booked in my calender as a wonderful w/e experience and most of all a lot of fun :)

p.s. the diet starts tomorrow cool.png

Great festival, well done to all the guys who organized it, very impressed! Had a brills time catching up with tons of pals from down south and poor "kids" are knackered. Managed to eat far too much so will need to move extra fast next week to loose those pounds, but well worth it

.Ta to tree for being so entertaining as usualclapping.gif

smile.png what a fabulous day moi has had at the festival today,

ok! erm enjoyed too much fudge, yummy food samples, icecream, cheesyburger, scouts cakes ... 5 of em icecream.gif so moi did indeed stuff her face lol.

The band was great and had my toes and feet itching to dance,beautiful boats and engines and the most sparkliest Gardiner engine moi has ever see..

I had to go and walk along the cut chatting adn admiring all the wonderous things on offer and ..... to erm ... walk off all the scrummy treats I had help.gif

I wanted to buy one of the gorgeous chickens .. but the woman she said NO! lol.... fell in love with Norman the most hansome cockrel I have seen in a while.

I bought a lovely Daisy Mug, tankies nice Potter smile.png adn a beautiful Poppy trinket box ( thank you most kindly for saving it for moi, I told you lol no-one else would be allowed to buy it ( it was only a lickle spell ..adn worth it wink.png, a sweet smelling and very decorative incense bamboo container adn lots of nice smellies.So many wonderous gift ideas on offer moi was spoilt adn only restraint stopped me buying a hand carved Owl ..absolutely gorgeous..moi still temped lol and a delightful Peruvian headband. So much on offer and what a beautiful setting, so many amazing things to look at and the village organisers should be very proud of all their hard work as well as the villagers who have opened their gardens smile.png

Plus the most bestest of all a mini happy forum banter : moi, cheshire Rose & Post code, Matty & Kathy, adn the most wonderful bestest face painter this side of the equator WaterRat and her happy photo- snapping other half smile.png moi must member to only give Chesh gentle treescrunching huggles adn hope your not too sore, sowwry xxxx

Also met Scrumpy Lurcher and his good lady , nice nattering to you both and to a fellow pagan ( forgot your name but you know who you are Blessed Be xx) and I hope you managed to get that lickle stubborn Bumble Bee out of your galley window , and your cards are thought inspiring 'thank you' xx

well what else can moi say.... hmm... let me think a while .... Well I enjoyed it so so much that moi is going again tomorrow along with Pykebird and the 'wolves' smile.png

must not stuff my face too much ... ohh!!! bother .. maybe only a lickle ;

Mini banter in progress!

IMG_5946-L.jpg

Tim

Met several members for the first time during the weekend, Blisworth should be near the top of the list for enjoyable festival weekends. Jan and Alan and their team of volunteers go to so much trouble to make it happen. Better still, all the money raised finds its way back into the canal and its surroundings in Blisworth. We have already booked again but it seems a bit sad, we are always so busy we don't really get a chance to see everything. Roll on 2014.

It was a fantastic week end and was busy busy busy. As Scrumpy Lurcher said, shame we did not get to enjoy most of it, though I do always start late on the Sunday in order to have a walk around.

Wonderful to meet forum members, Tree, Pykebird and Cheshire Rose to name a few. Next year we should make a date and have a banter in the evening.

I am booked in again, 5th year running and looking forward to it! See you there.