A Boat Called Moonbeam

manxmike

Featured Posts

Many years ago (approx 20 years ago) friends of ours who lived in Widnes owned a boat (Liverpool Hull, 36 feet approx, moored at Preston Brook Marina) called "Moonbeam". They sold her to have a boat built from scratch.

My question is: does anyone know what happened to Moonbeam? Is she still around, has she been scrapped, is she for sale?

I would love to find out since we had some very happy times aboard her and since I am now in the market to buy a boat I feel she would be a reasonable place to start ...............captain.gif

I've just asked Lynn as I recall a boat called Moonbeam (I think) on the canal in Seend about 3 weeks ago. On asking Lynn she thinks she remembers it too. Now were thinking was it Moon something else LOL I'm sure it was called Moonbeam though, I can't remember much else, but sure there was some artwork depicting the moon.

• 3 years later...

Hi, no it wasn't a wide beam, I believe it was the holt abbot cruiser (canal pleasurecraft), I'd love to find some history of the boat as I know my parents would be really interested.

I thought so, just making sure!