Help Can Anyone Recommend A Surveyor Near Great Heywood In Stafford

Hansmum

Featured Posts

Hello

First question from a newbie, we have put a deposit on a 57' Cruiser Deck narrow boat in Great Heywood Marina, we have fallen in love with her already wub.png but now we have to have to find a surveyor and have her surveyed. Can anyone recommend a surveyor in the area and can anyone give me an idea of how much the survey should cost. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are really looking forward to getting on the boat and start to meet people and just enjoying the life.

Regards

Sally & Jess cloud9.gif

Hello

First question from a newbie, we have put a deposit on a 57' Cruiser Deck narrow boat in Great Heywood Marina, we have fallen in love with her already wub.png but now we have to have to find a surveyor and have her surveyed. Can anyone recommend a surveyor in the area and can anyone give me an idea of how much the survey should cost. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. We are really looking forward to getting on the boat and start to meet people and just enjoying the life.

Regards

Sally & Jess cloud9.gif

Had mine surveyed a couple of weeks ago at great Heywood by Michael Clark Northern Star Marine Ltd

Tel 01604 858868 mobile 07944856351

Have to say he was top notch his report was clear and understandable.

Good Luck are you going to moor at Great Heywood

Edited by davidc

Thank you David

I will certainly give him a ring. We do need a clear and easily understood report, although we know a little, we certainly don't know everything and easy to understand is preferable to a report filled with jargon.

Initially we hope to be mooring at Great Heywood, just until we get used to the boat and we are also looking to have a few minor jobs done to her, so i think to keep her where she is will be the order of the day. biggrin.png

Thank you David

I will certainly give him a ring. We do need a clear and easily understood report, although we know a little, we certainly don't know everything and easy to understand is preferable to a report filled with jargon.

Initially we hope to be mooring at Great Heywood, just until we get used to the boat and we are also looking to have a few minor jobs done to her, so i think to keep her where she is will be the order of the day. biggrin.png

Great Heywood have a very good workshop and the engineer in charge one John Sharpe is very helpful and again talks plainly (no jargon )

Thanks once again David

I'm sure we saw your boat when we were up there a couple of weeks ago. She looks a lovely boat. we have put a deposit on Gala-Day and can't wait until she is ours. Just have to go through the "important" stuff first though. Although the boat looks lovely and the sellers seem very genuine, I feel we must have a survey, for peace of mind if nothing else.

Sally biggrin.png

Thanks once again David

I'm sure we saw your boat when we were up there a couple of weeks ago. She looks a lovely boat. we have put a deposit on Gala-Day and can't wait until she is ours. Just have to go through the "important" stuff first though. Although the boat looks lovely and the sellers seem very genuine, I feel we must have a survey, for peace of mind if nothing else.

Sally biggrin.png

I agree if you are parting with large sums you should allways get a survey, well next time you are up pop round for a cupper.

Thank you to everyone who replied to my plea, The next stage of our adventure is now sorted, we have our prospective boat booked in for it's survey. I feel sure it will be ok, but will still have fingers crossed. Thank you David, when we are next up we will make a point of introducing ourselves.

Thanks once again boat.gif