Bmc 1500 Horsepower?

alvicchas1

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, Keeping Up said:

Am I the only one who sees the title of this topic and thinks "You'd never get 1500hp from a BMC" ?

No, I was thinking of posting something similar to you. "Even if you did manage to get 1500hp from a BMC it wouldnt last long!"

• 5 weeks later...
On 28/07/2021 at 10:03, Keeping Up said:

Am I the only one who sees the title of this topic and thinks "You'd never get 1500hp from a BMC" ?

I used to think it was Watts sometimes! I used to use 1500 for a BMC question, but now prefer to use 1.5. 

Still looking for a good rebuilt, or can be rebuilt BMC 1.5, (Less typing), or marine diesel based on the old BMC 1500 block. Like the 30hp Westerbeak, (Iffy spellin), from the USA that is a detuned one. My dream would be a fully reconditioned Thornycroft T90 1.5, but alas they are unobtainium. 

I was going to fit a pre abused Bukh 24, BUT the mounts are all different and the lack of power might not match the big prop. 

For the benefit of Tony of the previous page, my 27ft lifeboat has 2 heavily galvanised mild steel beams that I had powdered coated Signal Red. Never heard of any company using wood for engine beams in a steel or aluminium boat, but there will be some old classics with laminated Mahogony or real Teak beams for sure. 

Edited by TNLI
Editing is a reason in iteself!

25 minutes ago, TNLI said:

I used to think it was Watts sometimes! I used to use 1500 for a BMC question, but now prefer to use 1.5. 

Still looking for a good rebuilt, or can be rebuilt BMC 1.5, (Less typing), or marine diesel based on the old BMC 1500 block. Like the 30hp Westerbeak, (Iffy spellin), from the USA that is a detuned one. My dream would be a fully reconditioned Thornycroft T90 1.5, but alas they are unobtainium. 

I was going to fit a pre abused Bukh 24, BUT the mounts are all different and the lack of power might not match the big prop. 

For the benefit of Tony of the previous page, my 27ft lifeboat has 2 heavily galvanised mild steel beams that I had powdered coated Signal Red. Never heard of any company using wood for engine beams in a steel or aluminium boat, but there will be some old classics with laminated Mahogony or real Teak beams for sure. 

I think that you will find it's fairly common on a steel vintage engined canal boa with solid mounts. It's not normally a complete wooden bed such as you would find on a wooden boat, but a seel bed with a hard wood section on top.