Guages For Sr3

natnat

Featured Posts

Hi all I am updating all of the wiring on my nb, having removed all of the wiring sometime ago I have mis-placed the original engine dials.

my question is this....

Can anyone tell me which gauges they have for thier lister SR3?

I think there was a voltmeter, an ameter and the other had someting to do with oil perhaps temp/pressure

as always any adive gratefully recived

Edited by natnat

There would be an oil pressure gauge, hydraulic rather than electric. Marine Engine Services (forum member Chris-cool.png are your friend.

The ammeter and voltmeter would have part of the electrical system rather than the engine and could be replaced with modern, digital, versions from eBay. In particular if the ammeter was a dial gauge you shouldn't replace it, these are obselete and inefficient and will reduce your electrical output.

On a related point. I did link to a eBay oil gauge but that went up to 100psi and given that an SR3 is somewhere in the region 15-20psi would a gauge from a CO2 cylinder for pub use be a good substitute - as these have a FSD of 40psi?

Edited by Chris Pink