Leaving Boat For A Few Days Somewhere Near Newark

toms1

Featured Posts

Does anyone know of any mooring near Newark or down toward Nottingham I could leave my boat for 5 days as I need to go away? Not been that way before so any advise would be good. Preference would be not to have to pay for a marina mooring.

Does anyone know of any mooring near Newark or down toward Nottingham I could leave my boat for 5 days as I need to go away? Not been that way before so any advise would be good. Preference would be not to have to pay for a marina mooring.

Hi

There are loads of places. Depends how near to Nottingham you want to be? Stoke Bardolp is one of my favourite moorings of the entire system. Holme Pierrepont is another good spot or Gunthorpe or Newark.

Tim

Thanks Tim,

Anywhere between Newark and Nottingham - I was just concerned that the water levels might go up and down and therefore be pulling on the ropes if I went away leaving the boat there for a few days.

Tom

If you use the floating pontoons outside CRT's The Kiln in Newark - - they managed to hold on to all their boats even with 8' of floodwater last January!

Safe as houses boats

I'm open to correction but aren't they 48 hour only.

If you use the floating pontoons outside CRT's The Kiln in Newark - - they managed to hold on to all their boats even with 8' of floodwater last January!

Safe as houses boats

Good thought but akways full recently. Gunthorpe and Stoke floating pontoons a better bet but iirc they are 48hrs.

Better idea is a visitor moiring in Kings Marina (Newark)or Newark Marina or Farndon Marina or maybe Colwick marina.

Now you mention it - I'm not sure whether they are 48 or 72 hr

(Though there's also King's Marina 300 yds away with visitor moorings/power/facilities (£8 per night inc leccy I think)

Lend them your berth?

Safe as houses boats

They're definitely 48 hrs.

Bob

The pontoon is full at the moment, anyway....

If you want to be both off the river and avoid paying, you could go to Nottingham (a day's cruise) and tie-up near Sainsbury's where there are 14 day (as well as 48 hour) moorings. We have left the boat there for a week or so, with no problems.

The pontoon is full at the moment, anyway....

If you want to be both off the river and avoid paying, you could go to Nottingham (a day's cruise) and tie-up near Sainsbury's where there are 14 day (as well as 48 hour) moorings. We have left the boat there for a week or so, with no problems.

I think you mean Castle Meadow VMs. Another CWDF has left their boat there for a few says with no problem

Thanks,

Looks like we will head on to Nottingham then - I don't know how much the Trent goes up and down along this stretch - Just remembering mooring on the Ouse how quick that can come up.