:-) The Adventures Of The Pink Maidens :-)

tree

Featured Posts

Youtube is your friend.

tankies Chris :)

but silly sausage moi was a lickle tired last night and accidentally erased the piccies and video off my camera's memory card... just after i had finally got them downloaded onto pikeys laptop, MOI .... nearly had a seizure sad.png and cos her lappy is more ancient than moi, i had intended to download all the stuff once i got back home. After a couple of hours and a lot of foul language from moi ohmy.png and i dont mean fowl/chicken lol .. i managed to download them back onto my tablet thingy. Embraced in relief lol i then tried to put them on my photo bucket ..wouldnt work.. tried to open the video on my tablet ( as it said it was downloaded) no ruddy luck. Well sadly folks i was slowly giving up the will to live unsure.png so once pikey returned for her lunch.. moi had a 'brainstorm' ...YES!! ok you lot grr .. i do know that is very hard to imagine cool.png .. Ureka!! By Jove and all that Jazz.. maybe all pikey has to do is email the video to moi and i would try again back home. well we did try and neither one of us gives up easily ... but it had us well adn truelly stuffed like a chicken and we were no use to man nor beast sad.png

So pikey has the video on her lappy adn if any kind person can run through with her how to get it online or indeed on 'youtubey' that woukld be brilliant as the video is really good ( just ignore my humming and nattering ) :)

Loved reading about your adventures- we used to moor at Shardlow and Nottingham (studied there many years ago) was on my wish-list- but the floods last year meant we didn't do it before moving- but will do

I love how you write- it made it sound a lovely adventure and I could picture it- thank you- and I'm quite taken by a pink stetson- must find one

We're off on our hols tomorrow night- going down the Coventry and onto the Ashby

Jackie

:) tankies Jackie, moi was very apprehensive about toodling down the Trent again , as many many moons ago whilst working for a hire company, my then husband adn i had to bring a boat back.. and it was the most horrendous journey , as everything that you can imagine going wrong went wrong, adn i vowed never to go on that ruddy river again , so it was a right of passage for me adn it chased away a few scary ghosts :) that previous horrid experience of the Trent was why i was so scared of rivers.. and daft really as moi was born in Kingston Upon Hull and idolised the Humber :) Now i loveeeeeeeeeeeeeee the Trent its beautiful adn gorgeous and lovley jubbly :) yes with all rivers you have to give them the Respect that they deserve and be aware of how quickly they can change .. just like us women LOL.

I am back beside the Nene and although also beautiful .. the Trent has stolen my heart :)

Have a fantastic happy and fun filled holiday and may all the new friends you make on your way be honest and true and become friends for life :)

Lorraine :)

Get weaving tree I showed my youngest the pics. of the Pink narrow boat and she loves it (by youngest I mean 26!)

I must admit when pykebird told me of her plans to paint her boat pink.. i was thinking this could be interesting,as so many different shades, but once we started painting .. i thought Yes !! this is the perfect colour for her home and for her :) we had a few erm !! WORDS..regarding what would go well ... how wide should the black stripe go on the roof, adn then where the 'quotes' should go lol... and bless she knows that if she wants an honest opinion .. then from me that is exactly what she will get regardless :) she should be very proud of her home as it looks beautiful and although it might not be to everyone's taste... everyone that we met on the trip loved it and had wonderful comments. One of my fondest memories is when we were approaching a bridge in Nottingham and a bus full of bored commuters , was stopped in traffic on the bridge .. and once they saw us .. it was really lovely.. folks smiling,pointing . and waving :) 'Semper' makes everyone smile, how wonderful is that .. pretty damm good in my eyes :) the rest of the piccies are of the buildings and locks and sights that literally took my breathe away :) and i will post as soon as i can . Your daughter has very good taste ;)

Thanks for the blog and the pics. I'm not sure I'd go for a pink boat, though.

:) you are very welcome and i am glad that you enjoyed :)

with a Pink boat you sure make a lot of friends and its a joy :)

Ha ha love it!

Must be my screen but looks magenta.

xx

I would call it 'empowering pink' as it has a very magical effect on people, especially with the 'quotes' that pykebird has put on the cabin sides .. they make you really think and then you feel good inside.. as well as seeing children's faces light up in sheer amazement...perfick

No it really is that bright!icecream.gif and moi still has bits and blobs of pinkiness on me, thank goodlyness managed to not get my

and moi still has splashes and blobs on me... thank goodlyness i missed splattering my hair .. else i would look like a 'pink punkified tree' cool.png

Edited by tree

By the magic of electricity...

:) AWW.. bless you ..oddles of treescrunching huggles.. moi has been trying so hard to get the ruddy 'custard cream' video on lol... and the only scary bit is moi humming..not helped by blokes right next to me .. and yikes i sound more like nora batty than nora batty hahahaha.. but pb did good :) once again thanks yer a ruddy star :)

That is one awesome boat Tree - I also am not sure about a pink boat; however, it suits her and I love the paw marks! The photos are brilliant (useless fact of the day) I was born in Shardlow - I can feel a little river trip coming on! Also, weren't the dogs well behaved - i have visions of my black Labrrdor diving of the stern at every available opportunity unless I keep him on his lead!

smile.png AWW.. bless you ..oddles of treescrunching huggles.. moi has been trying so hard to get the ruddy 'custard cream' video on lol... and the only scary bit is moi humming..not helped by blokes right next to me .. and yikes i sound more like nora batty than nora batty hahahaha.. but pb did good smile.png once again thanks yer a ruddy star smile.png

Yes a good vid. but I agree the backing track needs.......................well shall we say just a bit more work......

As usual, like the lambs tail

I didn't know you were back smile.png

Great photo's and fantastic diary

Tree style, of course lol

Still looking through them

Nice one Tree smile.png

rolleyes.gif wot you like ?? off to specsavers lol..glad you enjoyed and i am sure you and your family would enjoy that trip :)

mind you we were lucky as we just got back when the river started to go tempermental unsure.png

smile.png AWW.. bless you ..oddles of treescrunching huggles.. moi has been trying so hard to get the ruddy 'custard cream' video on lol... and the only scary bit is moi humming..not helped by blokes right next to me .. and yikes i sound more like nora batty than nora batty hahahaha.. but pb did good smile.png once again thanks yer a ruddy star smile.png

I searched for the title and there were lots of them, so I pressed a button with "filter" on it. One of the options was "vids uploaded in the last 24 hours" so I pressed it and your video was the only one. Simple. or lucky!

I searched for the title and there were lots of them, so I pressed a button with "filter" on it. One of the options was "vids uploaded in the last 24 hours" so I pressed it and your video was the only one. Simple. or lucky!

easy peasy for you lol ... complete utter confusion for moi ..but will keep that lickle tip for future reference .. and once again many thanks.. now all i have to do is uplaod the rest of em :)