Birmingham Floating Market

Featured Posts

Ok, it is now fully confirmed and we have the full support of CaRT, the West Midlands Waterway Partnership and Birmingham City Council. The Roving Canal Traders Association Floating Market (in association with the Fb Continuous Cruisers Group) will take place over the weekend of Saturday Sept 28 and Sunday Sept 29, 10am to 6pm (nominally) and the location will be on reserved moorings (by CaRT) on both sides of the canal adjacent the NIA and the National Sea Life Centre, with an overflow if necessary into Brindleyplace. Traders will be allowed to arrive on Thursday Sept 26th and stay on until Tuesday Oct 1st.

We have agreed that a nominal donation of £20 per trader to be paid to CaRT, this will be collected by an RCTA 'official' at the event by Friday afternoon and presented to CaRT (probably the CEO) during the Friday night social gathering.

Please note that it has been stipulated by CaRT that the RCTA is responsible for organising this event and that only traders who have registered to attend the event with the RCTA will be allowed on site. This is to be a stipulation in the Risk Assessment the RCTA is to produce for the event. TRADERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF THE RCTA TO ATTEND, BUT MUST REGISTER WITH US.

We have an agreement with CaRT to LIMIT THE MARKET TO 20 TRADING BOATS, I currently have 13 confirmed traders, a CaRT Fundraising boat and a Norbury Wharf demo Hire Boat, these latter 2 do not count as traders, so I have space for 7 more! We shall need Boat Index numbers, copies of Public Liability Insurance and, where appropriate, copies of Public Health Certificates. These will be passed on to CaRT and Birmingham City Council as requested. I would prefer these documents scanned and emailed if at all possible.

BREAKING NEWS! - BBC WM News will be filming the market on Friday afternoon for the evening news!

For further detail or to register to attend please contact: admin@canaltraders.org.uk

Michael

• Greenie 1

• 2 weeks later...

I still have some trading slots available:

OK, so it is now fully confirmed and we have the full support of CaRT, the West Midlands Waterway Partnership and Birmingham City Council.

The date for the market is Saturday Sept 28 and Sunday Sept 29, 10am to 6pm (nominally) and the location will be on reserved moorings (by CaRT) on both sides of the canal adjacent the NIA, with an overflow if necessary into Brindleyplace. Traders will be allowed to arrive on Thursday Sept 26th and stay until on Tuesday Oct 1st.

We have agreed that a nominal donation of £20 per trader to be paid to CaRT, this will be collected by an RCTA 'official' at the event by Friday afternoon and presented to CaRT (probably the CEO) during the Friday night social gathering.

Please note that it has been stipulated by CaRT that the RCTA is responsible for organising this event and that only traders who have registered to attend the event with the RCTA will be allowed on site. This is to be a stipulation in the Risk Assessment the RCTA is to produce for the event. TRADERS DO NOT HAVE TO BE MEMBERS OF THE RCTA TO ATTEND, BUT MUST REGISTER WITH US.

We have an agreement with CaRT to LIMIT THE MARKET TO 20 TRADING BOATS, I currently have 13 confirmed traders, a CaRT Fund-raising boat and a Norbury Wharf demo Hire Boat, these latter 2 do not count as traders, so I have space for 7 more!

We shall need Boat Index numbers, copies of Public Liability Insurance and, where appropriate, copies of Public Health Certificates. These will be passed on to CaRT and Birmingham City Council as requested. I would prefer these documents scanned and emailed if at all possible.

BREAKING NEWS! - BBC WM News will be filming the market on Friday afternoon for the evening news.

For further detail or to register to attend please contact: michael@canaltraders.org.uk

http://www.canaltraders.org.uk

Mike
RCTA Admin

• Greenie 1