BryanDarragh

Featured Posts

Hello all

I am looking to get a new build sailaway boat and have had some quotes already, some very reasonable, some incredibly expensive.

The company I am looking at is http://www.burscoughboatcompany.co.uk/. They have been runner ups/winners at the Crick show and have a good turnaround time.

Is there anyone on this forum who would be interested in giving me a quote?

I do have a more detailed spec but in a nutshell it is a 13m L X 3m W widebeam trad stern I am after with a minimum of a 65bhp engine (it will be on a marina off the tidal part of the thames).

Let me know as want to get the project started as soon as really

Hope to hear from all you boat builders, some of you may have heard from me already if operating a website.

Regards

Bryan

Hi Ally

Well I have yet to decide the layout entirely so if I finalise that within a few weeks would be good to have a sailaway boat ready for delivery mid/late Sept/early Oct.

However the cost/finish is of more importance.

I can send you (or anyone else for that matter) more details of level required which is, basically:

13m L X 3m W widebeam trad stern I am after with a minimum of a 65bhp engine

Battoned/Ballasted/18mm Plywood floor

Windows (6 x double glazed prefered) maybe 4 or 5 portholes

Stainless water tank

Brown waste tank (NOT steel, but polyester(?))

In addition I would like an idea of the above PLUS:

Electrics (navigation, 2kw inverter, LED downlights, 240 sockets (twins))

Plumbing (webasto/shore power calorifier/immersion/pump)

Basic bathroom unit (shower, vetus pump out toilet)

Basically I am looking to do the "pretty" stuff myself, inc lining. Of course someone may wish to consider doing the lining as well for me but again cost is a consideration.

I am aware that this will cost a good deal of cash but I do baulk at the idea of buying a shiny shiny (albeit lovely) boat of this spec for £120k+!!

Yes, have recieved a quote from them amongst others. i am going to plough through my replies tomorrow.

One thing I am looking to get a recon marine engine to save money, a brand new 70hp engine costs about 7-8k!! That is appx a quarter of the total, I wont be really using the engine a great deal (just to muck out, 2 mins from my berthing) and going on the thames very occasionally, just the odd trip when the river is glass like and every 2 years to take to another marina fro liftin along the thames for anti-foul etc. Is this wise? There seem to be some reputable marine engine suppliers out there and if I save cash I could put that towards plumbing/lining/electrics etc

My shell is currently in build in X R and D cannot fault them.. excellent workmanship and a great build relationship between myself (buyer) and Garry and Lee (builders)

My shell is currently in build in X R and D cannot fault them.. excellent workmanship and a great build relationship between myself (buyer) and Garry and Lee (builders)

An installed engine costs £7K. When looking at other engines, don't forget to add on all the other stuff you will need (gearbox, driveline, mounts, exhaust, electrics, switches, controls, pipes etc. etc. etc.)

I'll bet the supplied engine is actually a bargain when you really get down to it

Richard