Cement Ship has a smashing time

Naughty Cal

Featured Posts

This shows the importance of having your fenders down when at your moorings.

Cypruscement_zps628b0e35.jpg

Not funny for the owners of the boats or the jetty. Do you know cause/reason?

I'd be perusing the sales brochures as soon as I was informed, if it was my boat.

It looks like spectacularly bad tug driving to me.

Oh dear!

I presume, because, there was a tug along side, there was also a pilot in attendance?

Just goes to show that you never now what can happen in tight situations!

Just think of he noise of all the Tupperware cracking!

Nipper

Oh dear!

I presume, because, there was a tug along side, there was also a pilot in attendance?

Just goes to show that you never now what can happen in tight situations!

Just think of he noise of all the Tupperware cracking!

Nipper

I doubt a steel leisure boat would have faired up much better blink.png

I'm sure he will, but you seemed to be saying that not being able to go slowly didn't really matter.

Tim

It doesnt. You get used to what you have.

happy.png

Richard

Edited by RLWP

In the first half, there is a large blue boat to the left which seems to just miss being damaged - in the second half it is either not there having been moved (not enough time?) or this is another few boats being demolished later on. I think it may have taken out a second jetty as they continued the turn.

In the first half, there is a large blue boat to the left which seems to just miss being damaged - in the second half it is either not there having been moved (not enough time?) or this is another few boats being demolished later on. I think it may have taken out a second jetty as they continued the turn.

I think you are right there.

They have a tug in attendance as well! Really not sure how or why it went on this demolition derby.

happy.png

Richard

Is speed really to blame here?

I expect not!

Does it have an air cooled Lister?.....

"Don't go backwards!"......

"Errm - Don't what?"

"Go Backwards!"

"OK - I got you that time!"......

Edited by alan_fincher

Cement carrier Cyprus Cement wreaked havoc in Levanger marina, Trondheims fjord, while leaving port at around 17:45 LT July 6 13. Reportedly mishap was caused by a default thruster. Video clip http://www.adressa.no/tv/?id=23212&autoplay=1&style=null#?style=null shows in full detail devastation Cyprus Cement brought on pleasure boats moored in marina. Vessel resumed voyage, Coast Guard launched an investigation. Cement carrier Cyprus Cement, IMO 9037173, dwt 4555, built 2002, flag Bahamas, manager JEBSEN SKIPSREDERI AS, Norway.

Source: http://www.news.odin.tc/index.php?page=view/article/601/Cement-carrier-Cyprus-Cement-wreaked-havoc-in-Levanger-marina-Norway

The assumption here is that this was all accidental.

Can we be sure that a "Tupperware" boat has not pissed him off completely earlier in the day, and that this is not simply a case of deliberate revenge?