water heating issue any ideas

Featured Posts

I wonder if anyone can help me with this ?

I have had a few leak issues on my engine all fairly minor which i seem to have cured , then two days ago the engine temp went high , i stopped took off the header tank cap had a bit of steam come out lots of gurgling then once it settled i topped it up restarted and all seamed well , then today i got home from work run engine for an hour and the water was still cold. Engine temp was normal one hose to califorier (spelling) was hot other was warm then i checked hoses to cooling tank top hot bottom stone cold . took the cap off the heat exchanger and there was very little water in it , topped it up ran engine again water only just tepid im thinking maybe there is a blockage in the pipe work , does that sound right? There does seem to be quite a bit of rust in the metal header tank but the water is clear , im not sure where to start with it , drain the system and flush it ? Im assuming if it was a pump issue the engine would over heat . I tried running with the cap off in case of an air lock but does not seemed to have changed anything ..

The saga continues got up this morning and checked header tank , water down so topped up run engine up to temperature and water boiling hot , didn't have time before work to look at anything else but will run again tonight and see what I have then , I'm now thinking air lock