The dangers of mobile phones

DeanS

Featured Posts

This morning I saw someone walk into a tree branch while walking at the same time as texting on their mobile.

Was I wrong to laugh ;-)

eta...I meant to post this in the virtual pub.

Edited by DeanS

Good to see you are your usual acerbic self this morning..

Its a pity he doesn't see the irony of criticising someone for criticising someone for making a mistake when they are not perfect. Predictable and entertaining though!

No. Read this twice and "it's English but not as we know it Jim"

Sorry if you don't understand it. Let me explain (yawn). Some people were having a bit of a laugh at the self-inflicted accident of walking into a tree whilst texting. You (through the medium of sarcasm) indicated you disapproval of their reaction on the grounds that one shouldn't criticise unless one is perfect. But in fact you were criticising them, whilst you remain unperfect, which is "pot calling kettle black". Gerrit now?

This morning I saw someone walk into a tree branch while walking at the same time as texting on their mobile.

Was I wrong to laugh ;-)

No. But not as silly as the lady who walked into the canal outside the Mailbox whilst texting, and was stupid enough to allow it to be caught on CCTV and posted on Youtube?,

Now look what you've started......

Back to the OP.

There is actually a serious side to this in that texting while walking can have serious results if you walk into the path of a vehicle whilst doing so or otherwise walking or running while distracted means you don't keep yourself aware of what is going on around you.

A jogger wearing earphones ran out into the road at a junction just last week appearing from behind some bushes in a split second. Fortunately I was slowing for the junction and he effectively just ran into the front side wing of our car totally oblivious but was unhurt.

Had it been somewhere else it could have cost him dearly.

The dangers of walking while distracted

Edited by The Dog House

Was I wrong to laugh ;-)

Defiantly not I would have laughed too :D

Mmm makes you wonder!,, will the next generation be born with 2 long claws for fingers just for texting !,,,

eta...I meant to post this in the virtual pub.

Back to the OP.

There is actually a serious side to this in that texting while walking can have serious results if you walk into the path of a vehicle whilst doing so or otherwise walking or running while distracted means you don't keep yourself aware of what is going on around you.

A jogger wearing earphones ran out into the road at a junction just last week appearing from behind some bushes in a split second. Fortunately I was slowing for the junction and he effectively just ran into the front side wing of our car totally oblivious but was unhurt.

Agreed, though I think texting whilst walking in/near a road is worse than using earphones. Clever doctors and scientists devote their lives to discovering and perfecting ways to cure disease and prolong life, joe public likes to invent new and stupid ways to kill themselves!

Back to the OP.

The dangers of walking while distracted

Was he or she Apologetic or did you get a mouthful??

Darren

Was he or she Apologetic or did you get a mouthful??

Darren

Not at all he was very contrite, waived, mouthed 'sorry' and carried on running (to be possibly squished at the next busier junction.....)

Anyone who walks about not looking where they're bloody well going deserves all they get. Repeated impacts may knock some of that declining attribute, common sense, into them. I would have laughed if they had walked into a tree but not if they had walked into me.

Edited by Athy

but were they trying to text at the same time?