Foxton Locks Festival this Weekend!

Kwacker

Featured Posts

See here for details

http://www.foxtonlocksfestival.co.uk/

A really excellent canal based family event, hope you can get along.

A bit like Braunston Festival then, on the same weekend.

As discussed in a previous thread, what a dopey idea holding it the same weekend as the bigest boating event in the whole boating calender, and only twenty miles away!

I guess people traveling by car can visit both, but no chance of getting to both by boat. This is a shame as I'd love to have gone to Foxton too.

MtB

MtB

Agreed it's not great to clash with Braunston, but its a bit harsh to call it dopey. The organiser moved it from September to try for more reliable weather, and for various reasons to do with local school holidays etc..

Braunston is all about old boats, Foxton is just a fun family event based near the canal / locks aimed at raising money for the FIPT, so they need people from Leicester etc. to turn out in numbers, most won't be able to tell one end of a boat from another, but will hopefully have a good time and help the Trust raise funds.

I hope you all enjoy Braunston, my family and a few thousand others will certainly enjoy Foxton.

:) Well lets hope its lovely and sunny on Sunday as moi will be venturing along to partake in the festivities :)

Yes its a shame for so many of these events to clash but I have been to the Braunston show many times and never ever been to Foxton so looking forward to the day :)

I was there most of today and it was very enjoyable in the somewhat unexpected sunshine. Excellent food, in stark contrast to Crick Boat Show. Lots of interest, pets, raptors, Vikings, Traction engines, Triumph Sports 6 club, 4 x 4, plenty of trade stalls, rides for the kids etc etc .... and lots of music.

The place had a real buzz today, more of the same tomorrow, only with even more sunshine smile.png

We will be going along tomorrow, as both need a rest from covering ourselves( and some of the boat) in paint!

Look out for 2 potty women and 2 wolves!! Not sure of our eta, as tree will be navigating she got lost this morning, even with sat nav, bless

We will be going along tomorrow, as both need a rest from covering ourselves( and some of the boat) in paint!

Look out for 2 potty women and 2 wolves!! Not sure of our eta, as tree will be navigating she got lost this morning, even with sat nav, bless

You will recognise us. We have large long haired German Shephard he will have his head out of the engne ole but watch out for our Jackapoo who will be howling for being stuck in the back cabin whilst we go up.

FFS. All these festivals on when it's my weekend to work, I bet there's nowt next weekend. Grrr!

I know what you mean. I shall be having my own Festival in the lock cabin at Gunthorpe Lock on the Trent. Any CWDF member attending is welcome to a free cup of tea/coffee/ water whilst in stock. Provided you can find some moorings.

Offer onky acailable on Sat and Sun 29th and 30th June 2913

Edited by jelunga

I know what you mean. I shall be having my own Festival in the lock cabin at Gunthorpe Lock on the Trent. Any CWDF member attending is welcome to a free cup of tea/coffee/ water whilst in stock. Provided you can find some moorings.

Offer onky acailable on Sat and Sun 29th and 30th June 2913

Are you planning to be around in 2913 then? laugh.png

Wow ... what a weekend, each day seemed to have 30 hours. Did the festival again on Sunday to top up my sunburn, finished off by a couple of hours cruising from the top of Foxton locks and back with friends.

The Festival was very well attended and had a really nice vibe ... all in all a great success. smile.png

To round off the canal based weekend, I drove over to the Folly at Napton to catch Folk on the Water .... Kathryn Hallberg is truly excellent and I heartily recommend you take a look.

Edited by Kwacker