Loughborough

Picard

Featured Posts

Hi.

Meeting some friends in Loughborough, had a look in Pearsons, (10 years old), and can not find any moorings, water point by the Boat Inn, but that seems to be it. Do not want to park there whilst I walk up to the station, any suggestions? Many thanks.

There are services at the wharf and some moorings but not recommended by some friends.

Plenty of mooring on the Grand union to the East of the junction, between bridge 39B Chain bridge and bridge 39 Meadow Lane bridge

You can easily moor anywhere along the length from the chain bridge for about 300m or more towards the Boat, maybe closer to the pub would be possible. Would have to be on pins though, there are no rings apart from 2/3 right by the bridge.

I've never tried to moor nearer the station than the Boat.

Yes, moorings on the gu section at Loughborough are good. Water, elsan & showers & rubbish point in the basin. Water point at the boat is no longer available. Bit rough by the boat pub, better off towards chain bridge. We are there at the moment!

There seems to be a bit of a downer on mooring in Loughborough Basin which I don't understand. Not the prettiest of moorings and a bit of pain for taking the dog out for a wee but we've moored there and few times and found it a safe, convenient site.

There seems to be a bit of a downer on mooring in Loughborough Basin which I don't understand. Not the prettiest of moorings and a bit of pain for taking the dog out for a wee but we've moored there and few times and found it a safe, convenient site.

It is much worse now the Travelodge has pinched the sunshine, and the basin is full of silt and other crap.

The floods last year blocked the culvert under the canal by the chain bridge and the water diverted through the basin for weeks, the basin hasn't been dredged since and is a bit of a difficult turn in a full length boat.

It is much worse now the Travelodge has pinched the sunshine, and the basin is full of silt and other crap.The floods last year blocked the culvert under the canal by the chain bridge and the water diverted through the basin for weeks, the basin hasn't been dredged since and is a bit of a difficult turn in a full length boat.

Just do what I do and reverse in roflmao.

We had a fantastic couple of days moored in the basin a few years back. Loved it. Handy place to moor with a smart facilities block.

If we ever end up that way again we will not think twice about heading there again.

Safer for your car than Tamworth as well!

There are plenty of good moorings in Loughborough - if you want to be near the station there are some off side ones just south of Nottingham Road bridge with bollards. This is also convenient for the tip to get rid of old engine oil etc. The best moorings are close to the Chain Bridge - gas supplies at Hawes Plant Hire. Tesco, Sainsbury, small M&S, Aldi, B&Q and Wickes all close to them. Also very good general market on Thursday and Saturday and Bric-a Brac on Fridays. Best leave the car at home though - roadworks in the town centre are making life difficult for all. One good outcome of these is that Alan Finchers favourite hotel has closed its doors for the last time, so the bed bugs can sleep in peace for the time being!!! I'm sure that they will awake from their slumbers when the hotel becomes a hostel for homeless teenagers etc.