Featured Posts

Calling all Friends of the Rising Sun. Fancy getting stuck in to spruce up Lock 55 on the Grand Union Canal in Berkhamsted?

Monday & Tuesday 24th & 25th June from 3pm - 8pm volunteers required to paint, litter pick and generally tidy up. Supervision from the Canal & River Trust who are providing all equipment and paint. Refreshments promised by the landlord of the Riser. Places limited to approx 20 each day, sign up sheet behind the bar in the pub or PM me if you want to add yourself to the list but can't get there in person.

Wear sensible shoes and clothes you don't mind getting dirty or painty.

Debbi

• 1 month later...

I gather it was a great success and another group in now keen to help in the South East Region. You obviously benefitted from the Miriam effect and John has his uses to. We are glad it was a great success and hope you all continue to improve the state of OUR Canals - Well done to all of you.

I gather it was a great success and another group in now keen to help in the South East Region. You obviously benefitted from the Miriam effect and John has his uses to. We are glad it was a great success and hope you all continue to improve the state of OUR Canals - Well done to all of you.

Its broke now :-(