Machine mart genny

Cloudinspector

Featured Posts

If you are talking about a Clarke 1000g I have one, it is very cheap and cheerful, it is reasonably quite, its max output is 900 w, it will run a cheapo Tesco toaster and a travel kettle ok.

It does not feel quality kit like a Honda, and could be considered disposable if the cdi packs in, which is not uncommon. Spares appear to be alomost unobtainable, once out of warranty period.

Mine came from a factory closure and was dirt cheap, it replaced a well worn Honda ex650, which, truth be told was a better machine.

If you are buying on price go for it, if you want quality get a Honda, the two seldom go hand in hand.

Not all clarke stuff is shonk, but I've heard bad things about the inverter gennys

I can't speak for their compact gennies but a mate has one of their frame ones and it does what it says on the lable, all be it rather loudly.

As for other stuff under that brand our new managment (accountants not engineers) bought in a load of the blue & yellow stuff when they expanded the facillity. Three months on & most of it is now in the skip. To be fair our firm pays peanuts so tends to attract monkeys.

Edit to make sence.

Edited by Taslim

i have a clarke 1000 suitcase generator and for the money its not bad it starts easy its quiet ,i was useing a electric da sander the other day and it coped fine ,no they are not as good as the honda but for a third of the price they are not bad