A Lady, Two Dogs and a Cat.

Doorman

Featured Posts

Thanks Doorman for throwing a little light on the subject of Baloo, sadly over the years I have had to do the right thing by both cats and dogs that made up our crew, floods of tears are always the order of the day and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

None pet owners often find it hard to understand how the death of a pet affects the owners but I think that my life has been richer for having my life shared by my pets.

Phil

Thanks Doorman for throwing a little light on the subject of Baloo, sadly over the years I have had to do the right thing by both cats and dogs that made up our crew, floods of tears are always the order of the day and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

None pet owners often find it hard to understand how the death of a pet affects the owners but I think that my life has been richer for having my life shared by my pets.

Phil

Phil

Sorry but having trouble with my connection

Phil

andywatson, on 29 Oct 2013 - 4:46 PM, said:andywatson, on 29 Oct 2013 - 4:46 PM, said:

Let me be the first to congratulate you.

That's a fine looking cat.

Cheers Andy,

He's a Yorkshireman dare I say and considering we collected him from a kind farmer who has feral cats patrolling his farm and no doubt up to mischief with each other in the process, he is a handsome sod.

Stubborn as a Yorkshireman too! laugh.png

One other thing,

if the forum members see fit to help Sarah out in funding a stove, please count me in. Maybe Ange might wish to be the treasurer again if she has time.

Edited by Doorman

Having read through this thread in its entirety, several times there was a lump in my throat. I admit to welling up too. I'll stick some cash in an envelope as I don't do PayPal. Just pm me the address if it goes ahead.

Ditto, would be honoured to bung a few quid in myself - have been following this lass's story.. Maybe just say someone wants "to do a straight swop" for the diesel burner..

PayPal works for me..

Ditto, would be honoured to bung a few quid in myself - have been following this lass's story.. Maybe just say someone wants "to do a straight swop" for the diesel burner..

PayPal works for me..

Just to add an update about Sarah.

A very nice guy who has given Sarah a helping hand with the handover of her boat, kindly offered to list the old stove on EBay.

I a pleased to say its up to £204.

It's item number 161140195585 "narrow boat accessories " stove diesel.

Lets hope it makes a lot of money!

That is good! The person selling it obviously had the right idea of starting it at 99p

Here is a link to make it easier for people to just click rather than searching. I hope it gets a lot more bids

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/161140195585;jsessionid=567DD4C9537F22860D809258D41FD062?ru=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fsch%2Fi.html%3F_sacat%3D0%26_from%3DR40%26_nkw%3D161140195585%26_rdc%3D1

Edited to add it finishes on a Sunday too which is good for bidding. It is a shame it does not finish a little later in the evening to make the most of when people are home and tucked up in front of their computers after a day out but perhaps people can share the lnk on FB (as I plan to do) to make sure it gets some more publicity)

Edited by cheshire~rose

Cheers Jan,

That made it far easier than searching through the category. A good response so far and let's hope that there's furious bidding towards the deadline. Hopefully, the proceeds of the sale will go a long way towards a solid fuel replacement stove and you never know, some kind soul might volunteer to install it. Good of the chap/chapess to list the stove on EBay too!

Edited by Doorman

Edited to add it finishes on a Sunday too which is good for bidding. It is a shame it does not finish a little later in the evening to make the most of when people are home and tucked up in front of their computers after a day out but perhaps people can share the lnk on FB (as I plan to do) to make sure it gets some more publicity)

However, I am sure there are plenty of people like us who don't have their computers on on Sunday evenings! In fact, I avoid anything on eBay that finishes in the evenings at weekends! Both of us have had quite enough of computers at work all week. Shame really, CR, because I'd have bid on a few things you've put on eBay if they'd finished on Sunday afternoons!

However, I am sure there are plenty of people like us who don't have their computers on on Sunday evenings! In fact, I avoid anything on eBay that finishes in the evenings at weekends! Both of us have had quite enough of computers at work all week. Shame really, CR, because I'd have bid on a few things you've put on eBay if they'd finished on Sunday afternoons!

I understand but of course you do not have to be online at the end of any auction you can bid at any time. As many people know it is often the people who bid in the closing moments of an auction that have the winning bid but that does not stop any individual placing their maximum bid well in advance of the end of an auction. If you get lucky with your maximum bid the job is a good'un if not - I usually think it is because someone got carried away in the excitement of the closing moments nd may well have been silly enough to pay over the odds for something.

If auctions are for charity or a good cause then if nothing else a mid range bid helps to bump up the final total along the route and seeing an extra person bidding gives others a bit more confidence to bid on the item so it raises as much as possible

It's pretty well known that if you end your auction on an evening, particularly late weekend evening then you are likely to get a higher price that you would if you end it at any other time.

The theory is that some bidders can get a bit carried away after they have had a glass or three.

I always now time my auctions to end on a Friday or Saturday evening, some times Sunday but as that is a 'school night' it may not work as well.

A bit naughty? possibly but we are all adults at the end of the day.

Im seldom online when an auction I'm bidding in ends. I place my highest bid I want to pay for that particular item. And let the auto bidding thingy do the work. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, it's not meant to be.

Glad to see that it seems like Sarah will be warm this winter.

Im seldom online when an auction I'm bidding in ends. I place my highest bid I want to pay for that particular item. And let the auto bidding thingy do the work. If I get it, I get it. If I don't, it's not meant to be.

Glad to see that it seems like Sarah will be warm this winter.

I do the same but I admit to using an auction sniping tool to do the bidding at the very last minute.

I still set the max. I am prepared to pay but chucking a bid in in the very last few seconds gives others less time and opportunity to react with a higher bid.

Sometimes when the time comes somebody has bid higher than my top bid anyway and it just gets rejected, sometimes I win the item.

The Dog House, on 02 Nov 2013 - 10:39 AM, said:

I always now time my auctions to end on a Friday or Saturday evening, some times Sunday but as that is a 'school night' it may not work as well.

A bit naughty? possibly but we are all adults at the end of the day.

Very, very naughty!

But a stratergy that I shall be using in future when bidding for anything, but in particular, cat control devices such as a feline straight jacket!

Edited by Doorman

The nice lady at Chas Harden Boats has just informed me that Sarah has moored by them and can have some basic facilities while the lock is closed.

Its good to know there are truly kind people on the canal!

I havent heard directly from Sarah, but hopefully she will be ok with a replacement stove!

My thanks also to Chester Day Boat Hire for listing the stove on ebay, well done!

Edited by GROUCHO

She will be well looked after at Chas Hardens. Lovely people,

I forgot to look, what did the stove make in the end?

haggis

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GYPSY-VAN-CAMPING-CARAVAN-STOVE-BOAT-bush-craft-small-stove-/301000111473?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&hash=item4615013571

£71.99 plus p & p