10' or 12.5'?

ambientskies

Featured Posts

The green-eyed monster init. I don't know why some people get jealous of other people's boats.

I originally wanted a Dutch barge but I couldn't afford a new build and couldn't find an old one with a decent hull, so my widebeam was a compromise. I often talk to Dutch barge owners when I see them moored up nearby, and when they see I'm interested quite a few have kindly invited me onboard to look around. Of course I feel envious sometimes when I look at the lines and the equipment they have on board, but for me the overriding feeling is one of appreciation and I certainly wouldn't make snide comments about their boat in the way that some narrowboaters have slagged mine off!

I can only put it down to a sign of dissatisfaction with their own boats.

OHHHH!!! Get Her!!! :D:D

The green-eyed monster init. I don't know why some people get jealous of other people's boats.

What, so you mean you've got a nicer boat than me :D

That's it, I'm not speaking to you again :D

Ridiculous innit?

Of all the folks on this forum who've got boats, I reckon 90%+ have got nicer boats than us, but I consider myself quite fortunate that I'm able to have any sort of boat. I might compliment you, I might nick ideas from you, but I will never begrudge you (unless you've got a snotty attitude to go with it).

What, so you mean you've got a nicer boat than me :D

That's it, I'm not speaking to you again :D

Ridiculous innit?

Of all the folks on this forum who've got boats, I reckon 90%+ have got nicer boats than us, but I consider myself quite fortunate that I'm able to have any sort of boat. I might compliment you, I might nick ideas from you, but I will never begrudge you (unless you've got a snotty attitude to go with it).

Exactly. I've put everything I've got into my boat and I worked for every penny. They'll always be some with more and others with less in this world.

Perhaps it's the proximity of boat living that makes some people bitter about what others have got, but I don't understand why they don't direct their resentment at the owners of the £500,000 luxury flats nearby instead!

To be fair it's only been a few boaters who've been negative.

Edited by blackrose

Exactly. I've put everything I've got into my boat and I worked for every penny. They'll always be some with more and others with less in this world.

Perhaps it's the proximity of boat living that makes some people bitter about what others have got, but I don't understand why they don't direct their resentment at the £500,000 luxury flats nearby instead!

I quite agree, take my 5 berth coracle for instan.........

Golden Duck is being moved shortly to a new home on the River Medway.

Welcome to the R.Medway...Look forward to seeing you soon along the river.

Where are you mooring her? We are on the outer pontoon at Port Medway Marina.

Ian

DB Elessina