Fuel on the LLangollen

Dr Bradley

Featured Posts

I inadvertently set off up the Llangollen without topping up. Stopped at Swanley but moved on when I saw non duty was 99pence.By Whitchurch I had to get some and paid 1.04 non duty. What a rip off. It seems almost everywhere is charging £1 plus. Except Whixall who are advertising 91 pence. If you are going on this canal top up before you get there and if you need fuel there Whixall seems the place.

I inadvertently set off up the Llangollen without topping up. Stopped at Swanley but moved on when I saw non duty was 99pence.By Whitchurch I had to get some and paid 1.04 non duty. What a rip off. It seems almost everywhere is charging £1 plus. Except Whixall who are advertising 91 pence. If you are going on this canal top up before you get there and if you need fuel there Whixall seems the place.

Unless things have changed recently the price quoted by Whixall is the only price. They have no facilities for a split.

ETA the missing word.

Edited by Rich

I found this list of outlets useful from NBNoProblems blog... http://www.noproblem.org.uk/blog/links/diesel_split.htm

Anglo welsh at Trevor will accept any split and i think is around 89ppl, black water at Ellesmere is very very pricey over £1ppl last i heard, dont forget the garage at the bottom of Grindly brook, always good value for its red.

I found this list of outlets useful from NBNoProblems blog... http://www.noproblem.org.uk/blog/links/diesel_split.htm

I'd advise caution with that - I checked our local area and there's at least 3 errors on it. I'd hate for a boater to be short of fuel, planning to arrive at a marina to buy diesel, only to find they don't sell it to the public (where the guide says they do).

I'd advise caution with that - I checked our local area and there's at least 3 errors on it. I'd hate for a boater to be short of fuel, planning to arrive at a marina to buy diesel, only to find they don't sell it to the public (where the guide says they do).

Paul then let me know which ones please. I do try to keep this up to date on a daily basis when I hear from boaters. The page is suppose to be helpful and is for all of us boaters to reference our diesel. You could use the comment section on the blog.. Just a one liner will do or use the PM system here. We all need to try keep it updated.

• Greenie 1

Have you told Sue so that she can put it right?

Paul then let me know which ones please. I do try to keep this up to date on a daily basis when I hear from boaters. The page is suppose to be helpful and is for all of us boaters to reference our diesel. You could use the comment section on the blog.. Just a one liner will do or use the PM system here. We all need to try keep it updated.

AFAIK:

1. Middlewich narrowboats don't sell diesel, because their fuel gauge isn't accurately enough calibrated.

2. There's another diesel outlet on the Bridgewater, Stretford Marine - they're not in Pearsons but we passed them. I had to do some inventive Googling to find out the name of them (I'd forgotten what it was once we'd passed) and find their phone number, but they turned out 2p cheaper than the next 2 marinas.

3. Yet another one is Hesford Marine.

4. Uplands Marina - unless there's 2 - is on the T&M canal, not the Bridgewater.

We stopped at Stretford Marine, they said that their neighbours Hesford Marine and/or Thorne Marine (can't remember which one), whilst accepting a buyer declaration, won't accept a split less than 30% propulsion. I can't remember the details, or be sure if its true at all, so I'd hope someone else can confirm this info.

Hi Sue.

We always reccomend your site when peeps are looking for fuel. It is a brilliant resource. Please keep it up. Saved us much bother whilst on the Thames.

hug.gif

AFAIK:

1. Middlewich narrowboats don't sell diesel, because their fuel gauge isn't accurately enough calibrated.

2. There's another diesel outlet on the Bridgewater, Stretford Marine - they're not in Pearsons but we passed them. I had to do some inventive Googling to find out the name of them (I'd forgotten what it was once we'd passed) and find their phone number, but they turned out 2p cheaper than the next 2 marinas.

3. Yet another one is Hesford Marine.

4. Uplands Marina - unless there's 2 - is on the T&M canal, not the Bridgewater.

We stopped at Stretford Marine, they said that their neighbours Hesford Marine and/or Thorne Marine (can't remember which one), whilst accepting a buyer declaration, won't accept a split less than 30% propulsion. I can't remember the details, or be sure if its true at all, so I'd hope someone else can confirm this info.

Thorn Marine accept splits of less than 30% propulsion. CWDF member Stubag may have up to date info on Hesfords.

Steve