Happiness in the Wigan Office

Trento

Featured Posts

The CaRT auction for my old moorings at Bilsborrow on the Lancaster canal ended today.

The 18m mooring has no facilities, no car parking and key/gate access..Mooring rings are provided.

The reserve price was £1,621:00 per year.

The Guide Price was £1,801:00 per year.

The final bid price ???

£2,355:00 per year.

CaRT must be very happy bunnies indeed... Is this a sign of the times ?

On current performance if that mooring was on the Grand Union at say Rickmansworth or Springwell, what it has just sold for would be an "absolute bargain", (tongue in cheek, before I get jumped upon!),

Try this recent one at Springwell

Guide £1,916

Reserve £1.725

Final Bid £5,015

That is a staggering 262% of what someone who has had an equivalent mooring at the same site is likely to be paying.

On current performance if that mooring was on the Grand Union at say Rickmansworth or Springwell, what it has just sold for would be an "absolute bargain", (tongue in cheek, before I get jumped upon!),

Try this recent one at Springwell

Guide £1,916

Reserve £1.725

Final Bid £5,015

That is a staggering 262% of what someone who has had an equivalent mooring at the same site is likely to be paying.

Maybe 'reserve' should be 200% of guide price then?

Complete luck of the draw in our case, a very nice mooring, with parking and the ability to get the car right up to the boat locked gated access, lighting but no facilities. Previous 'tennant' had helpfully fixed a row of go~kart tyres along the edge. Grassed

Won at a few quid above reserve. Previous month a mooring 10ft shorter at the same location went for well over guide and reserve.

It's a lottery nothing else.

On our club moorings, which we had the foresight, nearly thirty years ago to buy the land between us, the fee for a 59ft mooring this year was about £885.

Makes some of the auction prices seem almost a rip off.

Andy.

Edited by Travis

On our club moorings, which we had the foresight, nearly thirty years ago to buy the land between us, the fee for a 59ft mooring this year was about £885.

Makes some of the auction prices seem almost a rip off.

Andy.

I assume your club isn't trying to raise money to run and maintain a canal system.