is this a suitable gearbox

kris88

Featured Posts

I would check the model number with the seller if I were you, I can find no reference to a 620 on their site.

Once you have the true model number, check with PRM for spares availability, their website gives ratings for current models.

Tim

Edited by Timleech

I'm also guessing it may be a 260, not a 620.

It would appear the pink/ red paint is newly applied just to make it look prettier for the pictures?

The 260 would be distinctly on the small side for a 6LXB, though, from which it was allegedly removed. A bit small even for a 4LW. That could explain why it's given trouble, though ;)

I think it's a bigger model, a lot of them look similar if you don't know the scale.

Tim

Its not a 260 looking at the pictures the casting style is wrong and it has a 6 bolt output flange (the 260 is 4 bolt) also the spline on input shaft is wrong for a 260 so I would suggest its a larger model.

The closest in casting style with the right flanges/input shaft is the 750 or 1000 (closer match to the 1000) both of which are more than enough for a 4LW. I would think it is most likely an earlier model of these boxes so maybe a 401/402 or a 601. My guess is a 601.

In which case, it is most likely a 602.

Richard

That would be a fairly safe bet on the identity of the ebay gearbox. so to answer the OP's question yes it is big enough for a 4LW, overkill really but I would be careful on its condition but for £100 which it currently is on ebay it might be worth the risk, seem as a new PRM1000 is well over £2k

As a guide, ASAP list a new input shaft at £252 plus VAT, they don't have an output shaft listed. The listing says:

needing output shaft, ball-race and seal

I can't tell if that means it needs a ball race and seal for the output shaft, or if it needs a shaft as well. Better sort that out, and get an estimate for delivery from someone like Palletline before bidding

Richard

• 4 months later...