Stoke Bruerne Gala 15th-16th June (i.e. this weekend)

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Who is going to the Stoke Bruerne event, then ?

We will be with "Sickle" even though we never seem to make it into the attendees list......

Looks to be well over 30 historic boats expected to attend..... ("France" and "Holland" are well worth seeking out - recent restorations to a very high standard, and it should be interesting to see "Ling" restored to FMC guise, rather than in BW workboat guise).

Nutfield (GUCCC)

Raymond (Samuel Barlows, rebuilt)

Ling (FMC)

Kildare (FMC)

Holland (FMC)

Pisces (GUCCC)

Madeley (FMC)

Bream (FMC, shortened)

Sculptor (GUCCC)

Jubilee (FMC/Thomas),

Kestrel (FMC)

Purton (GUCCC.)

Tench (FMC)

Northolt ex. Sunny Valley (FMC)

Python (FMC)

France (FMC)

Archimedes (GUCCC)

Ara (GUCCC)

Towcester (GUCCC)

Bideford (GUCCC),

George (ex GUCCC Royalty Class)

Kangaroo (ex-FMC)

Thaxted (ex GUCCC, ex Willow Wren Widgeon)

Southern Cross (ex GUCCC small Woolwich motor)

Clover (ex. FMC)

Fazeley (ex. FMC)

Alder (ex. FMC)

Australia (ex. FMC)

Corona (ex.GUCCC)

Cyprus (ex. GUCCC)

Phobos (ex. GUCCC).....

more to come

If you are around come and introduce yourselves. (People often say afterwards something along the lines of "I would have, but you were deep in conversation with someone else" - don't worry that is a more or less permanent feature, don't by shy to but in - nobody will mind!).

Since it is just down the road from me I will be visiting at some point during the weekend probably Sunday.

The only snag for me is that it clashes with this years national Morris Minor Rally which is being held with other Morris car models as it's 100 years since Morris started and I am exhibiting two of my cars there.

Edited by churchward

The only snag for me is that it clashes with this years national Morris Minor Rally which is being held with other Morris car models as it's 100 years since Morris started and I am exhibiting two of my cars there.

I share your frustration......

We are not "big eventers", but trying to plan a calendar for this year, several weekends show up to about 4 waterway events (or in the odd case railways events) that we might have wished to attend.

Situation contines right through to (say) the last weekend of September, when we might have wanted to be at both the Historic Boat Gathering at the Black Country Museum and at the CWDF London Banter!

May well turn up on REGINALD but not sure. Depends on work and getting my toothache fixed, and a million other things! Will we be able to blag a mooring if we just turn up?

Ok I can guess the answer. I'll print and post the form off now :)

MtB

May well turn up on REGINALD but not sure. Depends on work and getting my toothache fixed, and a million other things! Will we be able to blag a mooring if we just turn up?

Ok I can guess the answer. I'll print and post the form off now smile.png

MtB

The organisers regret that no entries can be accepted after 10th June 2013..................................

But probably worth a call to David Blagrove

I share your frustration......

We are not "big eventers", but trying to plan a calendar for this year, several weekends show up to about 4 waterway events (or in the odd case railways events) that we might have wished to attend.

Situation contines right through to (say) the last weekend of September, when we might have wanted to be at both the Historic Boat Gathering at the Black Country Museum and at the CWDF London Banter!

True enough but it is nice to have a choice of things to do over the summer weekends. Next week signalling at the DMU Gala on the Llangollen next the weekend after this one coming.

If I can convince the daughter that Fathers Day should be doing something that Fathers like doing then I may get down there.

Adam1UK, you also passed me working on a boat in MK, and your tickover is worthy of a medal.clapping.gif

Adam1UK, you also passed me working on a boat in MK, and your tickover is worthy of a medal.clapping.gif

Thank you!

You weren't the one trying to paint the gunwales were you?

Edited by adam1uk

We will be there on Saturday with Python (or at the Chesterfield Canal Trust Gazebo)

Python will be vacating Keeping up's mooring on Friday. What very kind people they are to allow the old girl to wallow in their private length of mud for a week or two in their absence. It has saved our volunteer crew and extra trip all the way down south to shuffle her along a bit so she did not overstay on the towpath somewhere and the bottom of that mooring was just high enough to ensure that Python could settle snuggly on the silt without any concerns of sinking!

We may need that tug of yours to get her off that silt Alan Fincher!

It is nice to think we might see so many forum members - as has been said - please do come and say hello as it would be lovely to meet a few of the people I have not met before. If I am already talking to someone then waving a donation for the CCT at me will often get my attention :)

We'll be passing through SB on Thursday, heading for MK, but I'll probably drive up on the Saturday after putting Keeping Up back on her mooring which is currently occupied by Python.

We shall be at Stoke Bruerne tomorrow (Wednesday) but sadly only for one night - if we can get a mooring. So we will no doubt be passing you Alan. We did pass Sickle today on our way to Cosgrove through MK. I also seem to recall we have seen Briar Rose on our travels too. No doubt we will be passing Reginald too as we are heading up towards Braunston and beyond.

We are hoping to get down for the WWII Weekend in September though........might catch up with some of you then!

We will be there on Saturday with Python (or at the Chesterfield Canal Trust Gazebo)

Python will be vacating Keeping up's mooring on Friday. What very kind people they are to allow the old girl to wallow in their private length of mud for a week or two in their absence. It has saved our volunteer crew and extra trip all the way down south to shuffle her along a bit so she did not overstay on the towpath somewhere and the bottom of that mooring was just high enough to ensure that Python could settle snuggly on the silt without any concerns of sinking!

It is nice to think we might see so many forum members - as has been said - please do come and say hello as it would be lovely to meet a few of the people I have not met before. If I am already talking to someone then waving a donation for the CCT at me will often get my attention smile.png

Will miss Python @ Middlewich this year.

We are @ Middlewich Fri & Sat but if all goes to plan will be @ Stoke Brurne for Sun so may see you then.

It is nice to think we might see so many forum members - as has been said - please do come and say hello as it would be lovely to meet a few of the people I have not met before. If I am already talking to someone then waving a donation for the CCT at me will often get my attention smile.png

If they are still on the mud when we get there about lunchtime, we'll try to pull her off. After all, we can't moor there ourselves until she's gone! She'd have a long day getting to SB that evening but it would still be possible.

I will ask - I think it was a 12-14

Hmm 14 might be OK, not 12. I haven't fitted into a 12 since I was 12. I'm certainly interested, and in the dress too, if they are reasonably priced and I can fit into them.

We'll be passing through SB on Thursday, heading for MK, but I'll probably drive up on the Saturday after putting Keeping Up back on her mooring which is currently occupied by Python.

Just tolet you know that I hada cycle and sack barrow stolen from top of boat in MK last week. Worth keeping everything of value locked away! I've heard they did several boats from one side of mk to t' tother