diesel around injectors

Featured Posts

Hello,

On my beta 38 (4cylinder bv1505) there is always a small amount of diesel around the injectors after I've run it for a while. I've cleaned it up with tissue paper, and when I run it again, the diesel returns. It's not a great deal, but enough to make a nasty smell and smokey engine room.

I wondered if I needed to put new washers in the injectors?

You can't see anything leaking if you look at the injectors (carefully) while the engine's running, but the diesel is certainly there after an hour or two.

The engine was run up by a good engineer, so I expect that the injectors are tightened up correctly, but this might not be the case.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

Patrick Vale

Try tying a small bit of rag around the union where the main pipe goes into the injector. If the rag gets wet, it's that joint that is leaking. If it stays dry, it's the sealing washer between the injector and the head

Richard

Hello,

On my beta 38 (4cylinder bv1505) there is always a small amount of diesel around the injectors after I've run it for a while. I've cleaned it up with tissue paper, and when I run it again, the diesel returns. It's not a great deal, but enough to make a nasty smell and smokey engine room.

I wondered if I needed to put new washers in the injectors?

You can't see anything leaking if you look at the injectors (carefully) while the engine's running, but the diesel is certainly there after an hour or two.

The engine was run up by a good engineer, so I expect that the injectors are tightened up correctly, but this might not be the case.

I'd really appreciate any suggestions!

Thanks!

Patrick Vale

you may find the return pipes from injectors are leaking [small pipes from top or side] usually on with small banjo bolts copper washer front and rear, or could be push on plastic/rubber pipes, i would guess it is a fault on these.