Tomorrow we start a new life.

Tinhare

Featured Posts

I'm very envious of you, and Single Again, but not for long, I'm expecting to be moving onto my new home on Thursday - everything crossed! It's interesting how as one door closes another one opens, well ok, I did push the first door closed and kick at the second one, it's taken a year and a half but I'm nearly there. There seem to be quite a few of us newbies setting out this summer - standby for the questions all you experienced boaters.

I'm very envious of you, and Single Again, but not for long, I'm expecting to be moving onto my new home on Thursday - everything crossed! It's interesting how as one door closes another one opens, well ok, I did push the first door closed and kick at the second one, it's taken a year and a half but I'm nearly there. There seem to be quite a few of us newbies setting out this summer - standby for the questions all you experienced boaters.

well, I saw your boat back in the water on Saturday and it looks fab and ready to go......enjoy.(just make sure you get new catches for the cupboards!!!!)

well, I saw your boat back in the water on Saturday and it looks fab and ready to go......enjoy.(just make sure you get new catches for the cupboards!!!!)

That's good to know, thanks Matty, and yes I noticed some of the magnetic catches seemed to be lacking in their magnetic charm. I feel an expensive trip to the chandlery coming on! Hoping to be aboard Thursday or Friday. Oooo... I can't wait.

Hope your move has gone ahead as planned and went smoothly.

Alan.

Enjoy your new life I took the plunge last September. And as of yet I have no regrets. got through the winter ok. I sit on my boat in the evening listening to the black birds and song thrushes singing and know I made the right decision.

I'm so envious of you guys going for it and starting a fresh life living aboard.

We're some way off that, if ever. We have a lovely boat but circumstances just aren't quite right for us to sell up and de clutter and move on.

Till that day comes I lie in bed every night planning my escape from this old rat race...

Enjoy your new life I took the plunge last September. And as of yet I have no regrets. got through the winter ok. I sit on my boat in the evening listening to the black birds and song thrushes singing and know I made the right decision.

It is so lovely listening to the birds and having the water fowl coming by the boat. As for winter, hmm, well, we will have a stove installed by then so should be cosy.

I'm so envious of you guys going for it and starting a fresh life living aboard.

We're some way off that, if ever. We have a lovely boat but circumstances just aren't quite right for us to sell up and de clutter and move on.

Till that day comes I lie in bed every night planning my escape from this old rat race...

Keep on dreaming about it. That's what we did, help keep us sane in the buildup to getting the boat. It'll happen before you know it.

Well, as it happens just put deposit down on our boat too smile.png , survey being done 3rd july ,very nice cruiser stern 57 ft, cant wait captain.gif

Awesome news, I hope everything goes well with the survey and you get to move in soon.

Edited by Tinhare

• 2 weeks later...

HI all,

This is encouraging as Im new to the Forum, its good to see all the posts. This one is one of the first Ive come across, but were about 2 yrs off gettin on the water. However we are planning it, and thats part of the fun too.

Im just trying to get an idea of things that I need to be on the lookout for and aware of. smile.png

Thank you, all, as you make it sound like an adventure with some trials, but then we are up for the task I recon. smile.png

Keith

Edited by Keith Powell

HI all,

This is encouraging as Im new to the Forum, its good to see all the posts. This one is one of the first Ive come across, but were about 2 yrs off gettin on the water. However we are planning it, and thats part of the fun too.

Im just trying to get an idea of things that I need to be on the lookout for and aware of. smile.png

Thank you, all, as you make it sound like an adventure with some trials, but then we are up for the task I recon. smile.png

Keith

Welcome to this wonderful forum Keith. in answer to your question, look out for and be aware of the many discussions and great advice that's already been on this forum in the past (the search facility should find most of what you need to know). Then after you've spent a while looking, come back and ask away and you'll get so much help and advice, as there is a wealth of experience on here.

Good luck with your journey. It will be fun, exiting, frustrating, but worth it all in the end.

Wow Congratulations , I too will be leaving my rented house this coming Tuesday 18th June and starting the journey as a liveaboard boater upon my 2006 57ft Semi Trad, its taken me a year to get to this stage following on from a divorce and with this as the start of an all new life for me.

I purchased my boat from the owners via a well known boat yard a few weeks ago after having had the survey, re-blacked, and serviced im spending this weekend cleaning both house and boat in readiness of my depature and my move in to her. I have to say though after i parted with my well earned divorce settlement to buy the boat i had a few twinges of "Buyers Remorse" and have in fact been asking myself a few times have i done the right thing and im not even on board yet, I think the thing that worrys me the most is well everything lol from the powering of the boat even though i will be on mains the battery care, etc etc etc etc its everything really. Although i also am filled with excitement and really looking forward to this coming Tuesday and the start of THE NEW WAY OF LIFE

One more thing OMG its amazed me as too how much stuff ive collected over the years, im having a massive clearout of clothes and personal stuff.

So to others like us as the newbies good luck to us all.

Well you and I are like twins - same here dear Chap. Well, except I'm not quite the other side of the divorce, but in every other respect, including the jitters. But all in all, I can't wait for the new life to start - new boating companions, closer to nature, things to fix, possessions to strip away and ditch. At the end of the day, it's been my saving grace this new life and hope for a new future and so..... it's all good!! You can't possibly have as many clothes as we girls anyhow.....

Anyhow, you've got an extra five feet space on me, so make the most of all that luverley storage!

See you on the cut!

K cheers.gif