Today was brilliant

beardshave

Featured Posts

Today I was on my mooring at Cowroast, it was sunny,at long last, with lots of boats passing (most of whom waved) and I was painting in readiness for the signwriter. I had the cricket on (which is going well) and the mooring was full of people doing boaty stuff or feeding their faces.

Cheers everybody-time for a tincture

No idea if we managed to wave at you, because there were so many enjoying the sun at Cow Roast, I'm not exactly sure who we did wave at!

Hasn't it been a splendid day!. We have come up from Hemel to Pitstone.

No idea if we managed to wave at you, because there were so many enjoying the sun at Cow Roast, I'm not exactly sure who we did wave at!

Gorgeous day here at Lapworth. Had time for a pint or so at the newly painted Navvy after doing water, loo & rubbish at Knowle.

Finished the day with a meal with old friends on their boat. Fab!

Two days of sun and we think we've had a summer! Glad you all enjoyed it while it lasted... I think we're due for some change.

I went up to Stratford upon Avon yesterday and moored up in the basin before I realised it's BW/CRT and I don't have a licence! I'd already had a few beers so stayed there the night. I spun the boat around in the basin this morning and went back down onto the Avon and came back to my mooring. It certainly was a fantastic day to be out on the water.

Yes it was a splendid day

I didn't go boating. What I did do was to gloss some skirting boards, lock the doors, open the windows, and go out on my bonnie for a cup of tea and an ice cream along with a sit in the sun and a chat with other bikers

Pint in the pub and a chinese takeway when I got home and watched England give New Zealand a hard time on the telly.

Paint is about dry and the smell of new gloss (which I can't stand) has about gone already while I was out which is what I wanted

A splendid day indeed!

No idea if we managed to wave at you, because there were so many enjoying the sun at Cow

Roast, I'm not exactly sure who we did wave at!

Sorry Alan pressed the wrong tit on the andrex phone.

Saw you go by but was inside making a brew.

Rock on.

Since the suns arrived, and the solar has really kicked in, I've been able to sit in a quiet (no running engine) boat and welcome the day with a cuppa and the cat on my lap, out in the front of the boat...it has been MARVELOUS......

currently moored on a quiet stretch with 4 horses outside the window. Heaven.

going to be doing the Runcorn branch over the next few days.....always nice to do a new part of the system you've never done before.

Why can't we have more weather like this !! We've had a great couple of days so farenjoying the sunshine on our shared boat NB Cropredy. Currently on the River Weaver (thanks for the moorings advice on then other thread BTW). Pity the weather is due to turn but as usual we'll make the best of it like you have to. I'm sure we will enjoy the rest of our week but we'll still look forward to getting back aboard our own boat at the weekend.

Spent the last two sunny days watching some awesome talent at the Audlem Music Festival. Hats off to the brilliant folk in the village who organise this annual event. All acts were free to watch except one where the the scoundrel who runs the Shroppie Fly tried to charge an entry fee, what an absolute plonker!

If ever you want to witness Englishness at its best then pop over here. We entertained our cousin and her partner from Yorkshire and they could not believe how people here are so friendly and welcoming. Long may it continue. :-)

Edited by Doorman

Today I was on my mooring at Cowroast, it was sunny,at long last, with lots of boats passing (most of whom waved) and I was painting in readiness for the signwriter. I had the cricket on (which is going well) and the mooring was full of people doing boaty stuff or feeding their faces.

Cheers everybody-time for a tincture

good luck to you and hope you enjoyed your tincture.cheers.gif